GoPro or Insta360?

Mare

I am in the market for a camera and not sure what to get! I have been reading reviews online, but would like to hear from people I actually know (or somewhat know, even if just through a screen name :)). What do you have and why? Is it something other than the two I mentioned?

Disclaimer: I looked for a thread on here already about this, but I didn't find one. That doesn't mean it doesn't exist, so if it does, just point me to it.

Thanks!

My friend just got a 360 and the videos look kinda cool compared to the standard GoPro we're used to seeing. You can edit the camera angle in post to make it follow someone passing you or an object on the trail or something. Also seems like you don't need 100 mounts for different angles or different takes to get multiple shots.

I bought a hero8 a while ago. I wanted to use it for onboard but even with low settings (1080p 30FPS) only get 1 hour 20 mins out of it.

Long story short i'd get something that has 2+ hours of recording time on modest settings.

Recently got an insta 360 go 3 . It's really cool , the removable pod is about the size of your thumb and can easily be clipped in lots of positions. Seems about as easy to use as any gopro I've used and quality of footage the same as well .

Got a "Faux Pro" about four years ago and it has worked flawlessly. Don't know the name of the product, but there are quite a few GoPro knockoffs available. The key is that it was about 80% less than a GoPro. It took good quality video of a red fox trotting obliviously by the log that we were seated on during the pandemic. Recommend.

Mare Christmas.

DISCLAIMER: Below is not the video fox, but just some animal on the patio.

REDD FOXX -4828856904326653511REDD FOXX.jpg

My friend just got a 360 and the videos look kinda cool compared to the standard GoPro we're used to seeing. You can edit the camera angle in post to make it follow someone passing you or an object on the trail or something. Also seems like you don't need 100 mounts for different angles or different takes to get multiple shots.
Sounds like you'll need a lot of computing and processing power to edit the videos with all those angles. I'd have to use my son's gaming computer to do edits.

Sounds like you'll need a lot of computing and processing power to edit the videos with all those angles. I'd have to use my son's gaming computer to do edits.

Not sure, I'm slumming it with a Hero10. I use it because you can edit from the cloud. When I try to transfer stuff to my MacBook it takes like 4 days.

I am in the market for a camera and not sure what to get! I have been reading reviews online, but would like to hear from people I actually know (or somewhat know, even if just through a screen name :)). What do you have and why? Is it something other than the two I mentioned?

Disclaimer: I looked for a thread on here already about this, but I didn't find one. That doesn't mean it doesn't exist, so if it does, just point me to it.

Thanks!

I'm pretty intrigued by the Insta360 Ace Pro. The footage in this video is pretty outstanding.

What's your use case?

For vlogging, I'd go with the Osmo Pocket 3, but it has no weather-proofing. I'd be very hesitant to bring it out to the trails.

For action, I'd stick with the H11. The H12 isn't worth the extra money IMO. The DJI A4 and Insta Ace look better on paper, but I have so much invested in GP accessories. Plus I'm more familiar with GP's interface.

What's your use case?

For vlogging, I'd go with the Osmo Pocket 3, but it has no weather-proofing. I'd be very hesitant to bring it out to the trails.

For action, I'd stick with the H11. The H12 isn't worth the extra money IMO. The DJI A4 and Insta Ace look better on paper, but I have so much invested in GP accessories. Plus I'm more familiar with GP's interface.
I am new to this whole world, so as of now I just envision getting some cool videos riding the trails, of person in front of me, stopping to play on things, etc. I am not entirely sure what it will turn into, but as of now, I record a lot with my phone right now and the "I don't watch where I am going cause I am trying to get my phone out and camera open while riding with one hand over rocks is getting old". Haha! What do you do with yours?

I am new to this whole world, so as of now I just envision getting some cool videos riding the trails, of person in front of me, stopping to play on things, etc. I am not entirely sure what it will turn into, but as of now, I record a lot with my phone right now and the "I don't watch where I am going cause I am trying to get my phone out and camera open while riding with one hand over rocks is getting old". Haha! What do you do with yours?
With what you plan to do, any recent action camera will suffice. You might even get by with a cheaper Amazon knockoff.

This is what I do with my H11:

ironically I recently happened to be watching some Youtube video of a guy who was doing the Dirty Dozen race in Philly and he's sponsored partly by Insta360.

Cool feature to be able to just set it to record and then change the viewing angle of the footage later - might be something you want/need/like.

Heres the video and below in the comments all the sponsor discount links:

Back
Top Bottom