Going Long and Hard.

Also looks like the battery died on the tracker. You can see one waypoint after the u-turn then bee-line back to the checkpoint where it presumably restarted.

you guys....such worriers....he probably stopped and rented a jet ski for the afternoon

1709147649275.png

Pushed through the crazy Finger Lake wind yesterday, was definitely an issue not having proper face protection. Decided to head out with Thomas on the traditional ITI trail from Finger Lake and he went through the ice because there was no trail. We backtracked to Finger Lake to dry him out and decided to wait for more people to go as a group. I woke up covered in snow and alone in the tent, everyone had left at like 4am or so.

They cut in a trail around the shoreline to meet the ITI Trail. My GPS wouldn’t start up in the cold and the trail was completely blown in so I went back to Finger Lake, again.

Benji and Ryan were getting ready so we left together around 11:30am. We broke trail to the Happy Steps and then I just put my head down and pushed hard. With no face shield with 40mph winds across the lakes I was definitely in survival mode.

Made it to Puntilla just before 11pm. Woke up with a wet ear from frostbite. Brian and a group went out from Puntilla to go over the pass and turned around due to more wind.

Supposed to be a low of -40 in Rohn so I’m not gonna risk it at this point because I only brought a 0 degree bag and the tent only sleeps like 6 people so I can’t guarantee a spot.

Gonna call it here at Rainy Pass just to make sure I get home with all of my body parts.

On a positive note, the Single-Speed has been phenomenal. Maybe a few miles that I couldn’t ride due to having the wrong gear. I even climbed the hill into Puntilla and I’ve walked it the last 2 times.

Last edited:
Pushed through the crazy Finger Lake wind yesterday, was definitely an issue not having proper face protection. Decided to head out with Thomas on the traditional ITI trail from Finger Lake and Thomas Miller went through the ice because there was no trail. We backtracked to Finger Lake to dry him out and decided to wait for more people to go as a group. I woke up covered in snow and alone in the tent, everyone had left at like 4am or so.

They cut in a trail around the shoreline to meet the ITI Trail. My GPS wouldn’t start up in the cold and the trail was completely blown in so I went back to Finger Lake, again.

Benji and Ryan were getting ready so we left together around 11:30am. We broke trail to the Happy Steps and then I just put my head down and pushed hard. With no face shield with 40mph winds across the lakes I was definitely in survival mode.

Made it to Puntilla just before 11pm. Woke up with a wet ear from frostbite. Brian and a group went out from Puntilla to go over the pass and turned around due to more wind.

Supposed to be a low of -40 in Rohn so I’m not gonna risk it at this point because I only brought a 0 degree bag and the tent only sleeps like 6 people so I can’t guarantee a spot.

Gonna call it here at Rainy Pass just to make sure I get home with all of my body parts.

On a positive note, the Single-Speed has been phenomenal. Maybe a few miles that I couldn’t ride due to having the wrong gear. I even climbed the hill into Puntilla and I’ve walked it the last 2 times.
Seriously impressive Jim! Stay safe!

Pushed through the crazy Finger Lake wind yesterday, was definitely an issue not having proper face protection. Decided to head out with Thomas on the traditional ITI trail from Finger Lake and Thomas Miller went through the ice because there was no trail. We backtracked to Finger Lake to dry him out and decided to wait for more people to go as a group. I woke up covered in snow and alone in the tent, everyone had left at like 4am or so.

Sound choice even though I'm sure it wasn't an easy one.

Back
Top Bottom