God I love Craigslist.......

Last week, I was scammed for the 2nd time of my life. (First being like 20 years ago during the early ebay days.) Kinda a scam but more like I've been ghosted. I was sold a tv with bad LEDs when it was answered everything is in proper working order. This is for kids play area so it was $60. Seller was very communitive until after I set it up and saw the issue. Weird thing is I even picked up at their house! I've contacted them a few times. Picked up once and ghosted since then.

(feel free to PM me) Any Edison officers here to help me give them a scare by knocking on their door and discuss. I can provide all messages and text. I don't even care about $60. I just want them to be scared not to do it again. I'm inclined to just drop it back off at their house for fun.

I think I've told this story before in the depths of mtbnj but the first scam on ebay I lucked out and got my $1,500 back (sti wheels) because an officer did just that! I was selling an item on ebay and the buyer backed out because it was missing the UPC. He mentioned he was an officer and upon further look at his profile he was in the town where this scammer was! Somewhere in the mid west. I told him about my purchase and I mailed him hard copies of proof. He knocked on that scammers door and requested that he send a check back to me tomorrow! I got my money back. Fucking unbelievable.

Last week, I was scammed for the 2nd time of my life. (First being like 20 years ago during the early ebay days.) Kinda a scam but more like I've been ghosted. I was sold a tv with bad LEDs when it was answered everything is in proper working order. This is for kids play area so it was $60. Seller was very communitive until after I set it up and saw the issue. Weird thing is I even picked up at their house! I've contacted them a few times. Picked up once and ghosted since then.

(feel free to PM me) Any Edison officers here to help me give them a scare by knocking on their door and discuss. I can provide all messages and text. I don't even care about $60. I just want them to be scared not to do it again. I'm inclined to just drop it back off at their house for fun.

I think I've told this story before in the depths of mtbnj but the first scam on ebay I lucked out and got my $1,500 back (sti wheels) because an officer did just that! I was selling an item on ebay and the buyer backed out because it was missing the UPC. He mentioned he was an officer and upon further look at his profile he was in the town where this scammer was! Somewhere in the mid west. I told him about my purchase and I mailed him hard copies of proof. He knocked on that scammers door and requested that he send a check back to me tomorrow! I got my money back. Fucking unbelievable.
Just go toss the TV in their driveway.

Just go toss the TV in their driveway.

Guy is totally just going to sell it again if you do that.

Tho tbf alot of people wouldn't notice dead pixels unless it was a pretty sizable clump of them. (Not excusing his behavior but he may not have noticed.) Also any second hand sale is as is/ buyer beware. If your worried about that type of stuff should have turned on the TV before giving money over.

There's a decent chance there's a post on NJFlyFishing.com in their Craigslist thread about how they sold a working TV to a guy who now claims it has dead pixels, whatever that means and they're scared and not responding wondering what scam the buyer is trying to pull. Scared as they sold it to a guy who came to their house and now knows where they live.

Speaking of scams. I bought a Norco Sight off a guy on EBay and when I opened the box, there was a dent/crack on the down tube. He claimed it must have happened during shipping and that FedEx was responsible. The location of the damage made me suspicious. After some back and forth he refunded me $800 and I kept the bike. I had the frame repaired by a carbon expert for $300 and rode it without issue for a few years. I came out ahead $500.

If I recall, I sold it to someone here who also got a few good years out of the bike. 😉

Guy is totally just going to sell it again if you do that.

Tho tbf alot of people wouldn't notice dead pixels unless it was a pretty sizable clump of them. (Not excusing his behavior but he may not have noticed.) Also any second hand sale is as is/ buyer beware. If your worried about that type of stuff should have turned on the TV before giving money over.
I didn't say lay it down gently...

Yeah, toss it hard and high. Make them have to clean up the mess. If you’re lucky, a sharp piece gets stuck in one of their tires. Cost about $60 to fix a flat.

your getting robbed, last flat i had patched was $20

I didn't say lay it down gently...
lol doesnt matter, he will sell it in pieces if he can.

@a.s. What? Either I forgot about the carbon repair or you scammed me!

Seller shared a video of tv on and it looked good until it wasn’t.

Speaking of scams. I bought a Norco Sight off a guy on EBay and when I opened the box, there was a dent/crack on the down tube. He claimed it must have happened during shipping and that FedEx was responsible. The location of the damage made me suspicious. After some back and forth he refunded me $800 and I kept the bike. I had the frame repaired by a carbon expert for $300 and rode it without issue for a few years. I came out ahead $500.

If I recall, I sold it to someone here who also got a few good years out of the bike. 😉
@a.s. What? Either I forgot about the carbon repair or you scammed me!

Seller shared a video of tv on and it looked good until it wasn’t.
Last week, I was scammed for the 2nd time of my life.
So, you meant the 3rd time...LOL

This bike received the gold package

gold bike.jpg

Back
Top Bottom