Garmin 520 Edge Plus

scooter77

Just wondering if anyone uses it and how good does it work? I like that you can use Trailforks on it especially on trails you dont know. Thanks for any input Pete

Picked one up a few days ago and used it yesterday at the rock. Works well, a bit confusing at first to set up but once understood it was great.

Picked one up a few days ago and used it yesterday at the rock. Works well, a bit confusing at first to set up but once understood it was great.
Same for me, got the 520 (non-plus). Been using a 510 for a few years, but it went crazy on me the last 1.5 weeks.

Used it yesterday and kept swiping the screen as if it was a 510. Have to get used to the buttons.

It’s going to be more accurate with a wheel sensor. I lose almost a mile over a ten mile loop at hartshorne. The sensor that wraps around the hub is pretty good

Just a follow up - I just picked up the new 520 Plus after a few years with a 520. As reviews have stated- basically the same device as the older 520 with the ability for map support and a larger battery. I uploaded the Trailforks maps onto the 520 Plus which provides much better detail than the included Gamrin basemaps. I've found that the trailforks maps + 520 Plus are an awesome pairing for exploring new trails (especially with the color coded trail difficulty).

Reactions: Tim
Back
Top Bottom