For Sale - Trek 970 1997

stoecs

Sorry, I know wrong forum, maybe someone can move it over, I'd rather not make 7 fluff posts to get to 30 so don't kill me.

This bike has been sitting in my shed, it's been ridden 10 times since I owned it. All original equipment. 18 inch, steel frame, mostly LX components with XT rear derailleur, it's a pretty classic bike. Frame says it was made in the US!

I almost want to keep it but if it helps someone try out the sport I might as well get rid of it. It does need a front derailleur adjustment as it doesn't want to go in the big ring.

Specs:

http://www.bikepedia.com/quickbike/BikeSpecs.aspx?Year=1997&Brand=Trek&Model=970SHX&Type=bike

Located in Monroe, NJ - make me a reasonable offer.

Email - stoecs At Gmail.com

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    369.8 KB · Views: 183
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    380.7 KB · Views: 98
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    371.9 KB · Views: 91
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    334.9 KB · Views: 75
That is in amazing condition WOW! I had a '93 that I wish I had kept. Those were nice frames made in Waterloo...

If he is the original owners and has the papers, isn't the frame good for life? As in Trek will replace with equal value similar if it breaks?

I regret getting ride of my early 90's red 990, big time.

Yes - a classic and made in Waterloo ! My first mountain bike was the Trek 950, loved it and wish I still had it too...they were indestructible !!! Fully rigid and it rocked.

I sold my first mountain bike - a Trek 950 - a few years ago and I've regretted it ever since. Not that it was anything special, either... just had sentimental value. If I were you, I'd hang onto it unless you really need the couple hundred bucks that you'll get for it.

Yesterday I took out my classic Trek 1100 road bike. I purchased it probably around 1989/1990. the only parts changed are the tires and bar tape. I love this bike and would never let it go at any price. I dont ride it often, but every time I do I think about how well it shfts, and how perfect everything feels.

Hmm.. you know I may hold on to it. Always good to have a spare if someone needs to borrow and my son might be old enough to ride it in a few years..

I've got my first real mtb, my 1994 Trek Singletrack 850 still in my collection. Like you say not worth much $$$ but very cool for sentimental value. I would love to race it one day :)

This post made me track down this pic I had from my Trek 950 and race - Windham Mtn in '91. They did a slalom down the ski hill and then a xc race that kicked my ass... lol... back in da day of cotton tees : )

Attachments

• Windham 1991.jpg
    Windham 1991.jpg
    343.9 KB · Views: 20
Back
Top Bottom