"five boro bike tour "

My Girl and I are going...we just got our package in the mail Friday.

Can't wait.

-Eric

For those of you with a GPS in the car, the address to the parking lot is 988 Father Capodanno Blvd., Staten Island, NY.

Feedback on 5 B Bike Tour

What did you all think of the ride today? AMAZING right? Too bad it was not better weather.

amazing swimming event ....
I'm trying to post some photos but my camera died from the water .

now I must try it next year - I must get decent photos for this event ...

It was a wet one indeed but was still a lot of fun. Parking at Staten Island was key. We were done, home, and showered by 4:00 PM. I've been trying to upload my ride to Motionbased but the website seems to be on the fritz. My wife and I both took some pictures but haven't upload them to the computer yet. When we do I'll post some up.

some photos

with a help of a hair dryer my camera is back - here are some photos ...

Attachments

• P5030091.JPG
    P5030091.JPG
    176.8 KB · Views: 140
  • P5030094.JPG
    P5030094.JPG
    148 KB · Views: 113
  • P5030095.JPG
    P5030095.JPG
    136 KB · Views: 116
  • P5030096.JPG
    P5030096.JPG
    155.7 KB · Views: 116
  • P5030111.JPG
    P5030111.JPG
    207.8 KB · Views: 130

Attachments

• P5030133.JPG
    P5030133.JPG
    231.1 KB · Views: 99
  • P5030132.JPG
    P5030132.JPG
    212.7 KB · Views: 99
  • P5030131.JPG
    P5030131.JPG
    114.3 KB · Views: 97
  • P5030130.JPG
    P5030130.JPG
    182.7 KB · Views: 99
  • P5030119.JPG
    P5030119.JPG
    209.5 KB · Views: 118
I have never been more wet in my entire life...and I am a kayaker! Still had a great time though...And even though it was a grandma pace.
I'm glad I decided to ride the MTB and not the road bike.

Last edited:
How come the start for us was at 9:00 am? Were we that far back in the pack? We got off the 7:00 am ferry and did not actually start riding until 9:00am. And, I will NEVER again go to any event without a set of dry clothes in the car. Wow, I think I was coldest driving home in my soaking wet clothes!

Next yr: note to self, leave house at 3:00 am to get the right ferry to be in front.

WET WET WET.

Oh my god I can't believe how was I was. Worth it tho...I think. :)

Parking in Staten Island near the festival was KEY as was just going up the west side highway. We got into Staten Island and parked on the street around 6. By 7:30 we were in the Manhattan and skipped the whole crowd by going up the west side. It was funny how many bikers were going north compared to south on the bike path. We cut in right at Central Park.

Once we got to the festival it was a 2 minute bike ride to the car.

If I do it again next year I'm going to try to get in the FRONT of the whole tour and do it fast. It's not really fun to go slow and the scenery really isn't the best.

-Steve in NJ

How come the start for us was at 9:00 am? Were we that far back in the pack? We got off the 7:00 am ferry and did not actually start riding until 9:00am. And, I will NEVER again go to any event without a set of dry clothes in the car. Wow, I think I was coldest driving home in my soaking wet clothes!

Next yr: note to self, leave house at 3:00 am to get the right ferry to be in front.
We were on the same ferry with you and we must have been waiting at around the same location. The reason why we didn't get moving until around 9:00 AM was because there were so many people in front of us that when the tour started at 8:00 AM, the wave didn't reach us until 9:00. What we did last year was we parked in Manhattan near Chinatown. So after we parked we rode south and kind of cut in the middle of the pack so we started several blocks north of Battery Park. Therefore we got to start riding shortly after 8:00 AM when the tour started. That's about the only drawback to parking in Staten Island and taking the ferry at the start of the tour because you end up at the end of the pack. Next year we'll still park at Staten Island but will ride up north for several blocks parallel the pack and then cut in.

Super fun time but the rain killed me. We were a bunch of drowned rats by the time we got back to the car. I will be doing it again next year no doubt and I Will Have A Change Of Cloths In My Car. I have never been that soaking wet and cold in my life. That final climb on the Varrazno Bridge is a killer but def worth it. My legs were on fire at that point from all the stoping and starting and walking and so on. The cold never really let the old thighs get warm. But all in all I had a great time and I will def do it again next year, hopefully we can all get together as a big group and ride.

Sorry to hear some of you are sick! Great suggestions for next year. I didn't realize you could just cut in from other locations in the city. I assumed that if you did that, there would be riots!

I was on the 7 am ferry and lined up and ready to go by 7:30. We skipped out and grabbed a coffee and bagel around 9 before heading up the West Side to the park. Had fun with my friends and crossed it off the list but I don't think I'll do this one again. Should have entered the Wayway race and crossed that one off instead.

Attachments

• M and B.jpg
    M and B.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 88
  • Me.jpg
    Me.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 81
Back
Top Bottom