Favorite restaurant thread?

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Best eats, good grub, whatever. Since it's a local-ish forum it would actually be useful, instead of five states away. Plus I'm tired of wondering where the hell Pearl gets all his burritos.:) Doesn't have to be five-star, I'll take a good burger anyday! It could probably sit in the nutrition section?

Dunno if such a thing already exists.

I'd be in. I know of many local great restaurant that are not chains. And i can stop posting restaurant stuff in Pearls blog.

I usually make my own burritos, sorry :p

Manville Pizza in Manville = Best Pizza
Chimney Rock Inn in Bridgewater = Everything
La Casa De Tortilla in North Brunswick = Chexican Tacos, Six Mile Famous
Grub Hut in Manville = Mexican/BBQ goodness, bring a empty stomach
La Costenita in Hillsborough = Legit Mexican joint in a grocery store
Sakura Japan in Bridgwater Mall = Ya I know its a chain, but got DAMN these dudes do Chicken Teriyaki food right.

That works for now :p

Flemington Area:

Blue Fish Grill: Great fish Tacos
Savory: Good Thai
Matt's Red Rooster: Really good American style food (Steaks, chops, Fish) BYOB too.

Tim

Hackettstown

Panda room thai delish in town

Everything else From pizza to burgers Enzo's across from M&Ms

Both are byob.

Saigon Pho in Parippany-Vietnamese noodles. Cheap too.

Pete & Eldas/Carmen's Pizza in Neptune City-best thin crust pizza.

Batten Ramen in Fort Lee-the real deal on our side of the bridge!

Nellies Pizza in Waldwick is decent thin crust up north.

Last edited:
Hopewell:
Nomad: One of the best $15 personal pizzas I have had. Rivals any pizza I had in Italy. Bonus for al fresco option. Pricey.

Dai Thai: Good Thai. The wait staff spills stuff on my wife everytime we go here, but we come back because it is good. Bonus for al fresco option. Pricey. MTBNJ relation: one of the waitresses looks like a Thai version of one of the race team.

Lawrenceville:
Fedora Cafe: Killer deserts, killer sunday breakfast, good everything else. Bonus for al fresco option.

Lambertville:
Siam: Good thai. You need a reservation for this place most of the time. Hit up City Market for dessert.

Cafe Galleria: They made waffles and pizza for the 2011 HOH, so you shouldn't need anymore reason than that. Currently in the process of moving into a new place (should be really soon if not already) after getting flooded out last year. Lots of vegetarian options and tofu aphrodite is excellent.

Grease Trucks. And 25 burgers when I'm in the mood for something lighter.

uhoh.gif

dem grease trucks... haven't been that way in a while. still need to do the grease trucks sprint ride. :hmmm:

Orange: Star Tavern for Pizza (better than Pete & Elda's :D)
Montclair: Pig & Prince (opening Fri 8/24/12, but his last place, Passionne, was my favorite)
Morristown: Caffe India

Byram: Salt Gastropub- creative menu items and solid basics. Extensive bottle and rotating tap beer selection. Bonus: entertainment.

Bronx- Arthur ave:
Cosenza's fish market- get your sidewalk raw bar before going across the street for pizza
Casual pizza: Giovanni's- great for a casual slice and a Peroni
Classier pizza: Zero Otto Nove- Roberto's pizza joint
Special occasion restaurant: Roberto's (Crescent)- Upscale Italian- fantastic menu and wine selection. You cannot go wrong with the "tinfoil" pasta special of the night, whatever it is.

Bergen/Rockland Co:
Simply Vietnamese- Tenafly (Formerly Saigon R)- great Vietnamese fusion- BYOB
Vasili's Taverna - Teaneck- Great Greek food BYOB
Dimora- Norwood- Upscale Italian, great wine list.

Zapata's- Palisade- Great Mexican- especially if you like mole
Mountain House - Sparkill- Great (pricey) small pizzas

Italian Food:
Espos in Raritan (cash only)
Brother Pizza in East Brunswick

Chinese Food:
Golden East Garden in East Brunswick

Mexican Food:
Viva Mexico in Flemington

Subs/Hoagies
Primos in Somerville (just opened)

Thai: