Fat Tire is no longer a craft beer.

My two thoughts on this:

1) I never really thought of them as craft, more of just a smaller brewery.
2) Reading the sale compensation as the company was employee-owned, maybe I should have tried harder for a job at their new facility down in NC. Although I doubt I'd be getting the #s discussed, I'm sure that's for older employees.

Good for them and their employees. I agree with @Santapez that they weren't really a craft brewer, although I did have the fat tire ale for the first time when I was out in Fruita for the first time when it wasn't available out here, so I guess it holds a special place in my memories. Also, LOLOLOL at Yuengling, Sam Adams, and Sierra Nevada being "craft brewers" too.

Craft beer.... a dying craft. Merely because it’s the “me too” of alcohol

Haha no doubt. When they started adding prickly pear (the one I had back when was really good) to beer, I knew at that point they are squeezing the lemon hard asf.

Not too long ago there was a how i built this podcast with the founder. She was like so happy to be employeed owned and take care of each other and the community and had no plans to sell. WELL BULLSHIT. Its always about the money.

"Craft" means the methods and ingredients much more than production size. I consider Boston, Yuengling, Sierra Nevada and New Belgium craft. Micro/nano, not so much. They have fought hard to keep the name craft, and rightfully so with companies like Inbev buying up the industry and cheapening it.

The sale is a bummer, but business. Not surprised really. The market is saturated, and they will not enjoy the highs that they had back when there were far fewer players, so why not cash out at the right time?

Back
Top Bottom