Family Friendly Area Beach House Rental???

Wobbegong

Its been over a year since the kids have seen family back up in NJ, so I'm thinking about coming up sometime this summer for a week or two... Visit family, ride bikes with friends, etc...

I was thinking about hitting a hotel in Wildwood for a few days, since the kids love it there and its old family tradition, then maybe a beach house rental somewhere a little more north for a week. We have family in Toms River, Hillsborough and Pittstown.

Since I don't have my finger on the pulse of the beach towns any longer, where should I look for a week long rental that is family friendly and not crowded with Bennies and college kids?? Suggestions? Doesn't need to be on the beach either, just close.

It gets expensive quick to fly 5 people and rent a minivan for 2 weeks, so I might drive up over a few days. Still trying to figure out a plan....

I got to Ocean City which is great for kids but not very far north and primo money. Anything between the last week of June and second week of August will be big time money and the area will be crowded. Early June is the best if your kids are out of school already.

Can't help you on rentals but most "serious" renters book their summer rentals in Jan/Feb so act fast!

Asbury Park is coming up a bit. It doesn't have the boardwalk to match Wildwood or Seaside, but there are some great restaurants, a nice enough beach, and a nice little downtown area. There's a small boardwalk with a mini "splash park" and some mini golf. It's probably not enough to keep the kids occupied for more than a few days, but it may serve as a less expensive option for a few days.

We rented a place in Cape May a few years when the kid was young. Close enough that you can take a drive to Wildwood for the boardwalk and water parks but no hoards of teens.

Asbury Park is coming up a bit. It doesn't have the boardwalk to match Wildwood or Seaside, but there are some great restaurants, a nice enough beach, and a nice little downtown area. There's a small boardwalk with a mini "splash park" and some mini golf. It's probably not enough to keep the kids occupied for more than a few days, but it may serve as a less expensive option for a few days.
Still has plenty of bennies....I'm here till June.. thank god! But having the downtown area is nice too.... plenty of music events to see too(pretty much daily )

Reactions: rlb
As far as weekly rentals go, asbury is limited with those... ocean grove is loaded with them. Plus it's right next door to asbury

I got to Ocean City which is great for kids but not very far north and primo money. Anything between the last week of June and second week of August will be big time money and the area will be crowded. Early June is the best if your kids are out of school already.

Can't help you on rentals but most "serious" renters book their summer rentals in Jan/Feb so act fast!
+1 on Ocean City, nice quiet town, I have a friend with 3 homes on the beach/beach block. They get rented out quick by wealthy Philly families, so if interested in that area it may already be slim pickings'.

Back
Top Bottom