• I have ridden one in a trail for over an hr and I am considering one

Votes: 19 8.0%
  • I’ll never give up my analog bike but I’ll still get an ebike

Votes: 34 14.3%
  • Did he just say analog bike?

Votes: 35 14.7%
  • My knees are failing and an ebike in inevitable

Votes: 16 6.7%
  • My next bike will certainly be an ebike.

Votes: 19 8.0%
  • I’ll never own an ebike, even when I’m 90

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Ebikes cause more trail damage than analog bikes

Votes: 8 3.4%
  • Ebikes have no more trail impact than a traditional bike.

Votes: 63 26.5%
  • I hate anyone on an ebike

Votes: 7 2.9%
  • Anyone on a bike is a friend of mine, ebike or not

Votes: 89 37.4%
  • I’ve been seeing ebikes in the woods regularly

Votes: 50 21.0%
  • I’ve never seen an ebike on the trail

Votes: 15 6.3%
  • It's called an Acoustic bike

Votes: 14 5.9%
  • “I may consider one after my body is all used up and broken"

Votes: 64 26.9%
  • I already own an off-road Ebike

Votes: 30 12.6%
  • I have no interest in an e-bike

Votes: 13 5.5%
  • Arguing against ebikes is kerfuffle

Votes: 13 5.5%
  • I like Matty no matter what he rides

Votes: 17 7.1%

• Total voters
what this is is kevin found someone on youtube he can agree with.
basically this dude is expressing the same exact thing kevin has from the beginning
so you'll have same haters chime in with same conversation
every person i have ridden with or encountered on my trails on class 1 ebikes are the same people who rode mtbs
does it mean something different in say allaire or six mile idk i dont ride there, but maybe
i'm pretty sure on this site people dont really care either way
anyways its kevins will to stir a pot thats become redundant just like myself who tell you your missing out
It's Karen's, not Kevin's!
i wrote this long rebuttal and then decided i dont care that much
quite honestly i need to ignore this thread and take a long break from mtbnj
it will be good for the soul
Nevermind. I know you're not going anywhere but if you do I will miss you.
You have to be open to everything here, after all it's the Internet.
MEGA!

Make Allaire Great Again!

You were good up to the stirring the pot, as noted, for discussion purposes. I don't search for anti-e bike videos, but this one came up on my youtube feed. If you never try and understand the other side, you can never understand the issue, or potential of one. And yes, there will be a rise in incidents at 6 mile and allaire, solely due to the sheer number of people that go there. We have seen people on analog bikes do all sorts of stupid stuff and that will be aggravated by the increased speed an ebike gives them. Will it be an issue per se, who knows To that point, anytime anyone brings up any counterpoint to you, it becomes, well they can't actually go 20mph, they can't actually climb faster, they go slower on the downhills, etc... so on and so forth.
I think the example the guy in the video states isn't necessarily e-bike specific. Anyone can be a bonehead on anything, as you state. But what about poor Andre, what happened to him?

I like to bust balls, but reality is I really don't care what anyone rides. Its a free country, as long as you're not hurting someone else, whatever. I don't see e-MTB's damaging trails, and where I ride I don't see anyone recklessly speeding around on e-MTB's. I also get it if you're chronically injured or have a physical disability, e-MTB's help you get back into the woods. It does annoy me, however that everyone is now trying to convince me that its a better "workout" or "training" tool. I call BS on that, I feel like its a giant gaslighting campaign. And yes, I've ridden an e-MTB (a Levo), and yes, the climbs were WAY easier. I get a better workout on my regular bike, and don't have to deal with the weight on descents.

Ok I lied last post to all my fans 😁
IMG_20240311_160926~2.jpg

I'm out

All things with wheels should be outlawed. Wheels let people go to fast. Walking upright should also be outlawed, people should crawl around on their hands and knees to avoid tripping……. Let make it happen people!😁

They're actually for sale.

Are e-bikes just a fad? I remember when Razor scooters hit the market. We sold them like candy. Every type of store jumped on it. From Seven Eleven to Old Navy. They were available everywhere.

Now you can buy an E-bike at your LBS, motorcycle shops, Bestbuy, PC richards, and now car dealerships. Lets see how long this lasts.

Back
Top Bottom