Driving to Raliegh and DC

roc

I have to drive to Raleigh on Wednesday for a meeting om Thursday. Any decent place to ride within an hour or 2 from Raleigh on my way there? It looks like I will be taking 95 south to 85 south. Something not that technical, i can bring my road bike also.

I have to drive to Raleigh on Wednesday for a meeting om Thursday. Any decent place to ride within an hour or 2 from Raleigh on my way there? It looks like I will be taking 95 south to 85 south. Something not that technical, i can bring my road bike also.
Attempted to ride here a few years back but was closed due to rain.

About 15 minutes off 95

Pocahontas State Park is just off of 95, south of Richmond, 2h 15m or so from Raleigh. Lots of new flow trail there since I last rode it, really fun spot. Meets your non-tech req. Fountainhead is also great as already mentioned, but its a good bit north of Richmond, 4+ hrs from Raleigh. Depends on where along the trip that you want to stop.

Chapel Hill has some really fun stuff too, but west of Raleigh and probably out of range for a day trip/along the way type of ride.

Pocahontas State Park is just off of 95, south of Richmond, 2h 15m or so from Raleigh. Lots of new flow trail there since I last rode it, really fun spot. Meets your non-tech req. Fountainhead is also great as already mentioned, but its a good bit north of Richmond, 4+ hrs from Raleigh. Depends on where along the trip that you want to stop.

Chapel Hill has some really fun stuff too, but west of Raleigh and probably out of range for a day trip/along the way type of ride.
it looks like Chapel Hill is about 20 min away from where I’m staying. I am going to see how the drive is going, I may drive all the way to chapel hill, which trail system would you suggest there?

My friend Kristine who lives in the triangle likes Brumley best for a quick flowy ride btw...but she 2nd's CNF for a longer ride. Have fun, safe travels and report back when home.

Back
Top Bottom