Draugenklaw Pogies

xc62701

I got a set of these a few weeks ago when I predicted no more winter. Turns out…winter is back. I tried them out today and they worked well but then at plugs didn’t work. They didn’t expand enough to keep them in the bars. First rough section of trail I got I had to stop as the plugs bounced out. They were a nuisance the entire ride and the only solution I could figure out was to wrap the plugs with electrical tape to make the diameter larger so they would grip the bars. Is this normal? Did I get a shitty set?

I got a set of Wolftooth pogies this year, and their instructions say to test fit the bar ends and use electrical tape if needed. I’ve got two wraps on mine and the plugs have never budged.

The 45nrth plugs do work well so it might be something weird. See if they're actually expanding when you tighten them, they could just be spinning inside the bar instead.

I got a set of these a few weeks ago when I predicted no more winter. Turns out…winter is back. I tried them out today and they worked well but then at plugs didn’t work. They didn’t expand enough to keep them in the bars. First rough section of trail I got I had to stop as the plugs bounced out. They were a nuisance the entire ride and the only solution I could figure out was to wrap the plugs with electrical tape to make the diameter larger so they would grip the bars. Is this normal? Did I get a shitty set?
make sure the bars come all the way to the end of the grips, if the grips are out past the end of the bars they might prevent the plugs from going far enough in.

make sure the bars come all the way to the end of the grips, if the grips are out past the end of the bars they might prevent the plugs from going far enough in.
Good thought but it’s not that. For some reason the plugs just don’t expand enough to grip the inside of the bar. A few wraps of electrical tape seem to be working.

Back
Top Bottom