Dog lovers thoughts about pet foods

When will people understand a dog is a dog. Go look what the dogs in the wild eat. Every fucking thing hunt or scavage.

Rule 1 treat your dog as a dog and not a human. Don't talk to it like a baby, God I hate that.
Otherwise follow those steps Spencer threw out. One feeding a day same as everyday and absolutely NO people food. I know when your dog gets people food when it's drooling at me at the picnic table. That's when I bark at your dog.

When will people understand a dog is a dog. Go look what the dogs in the wild eat. Every fucking thing hunt or scavage.

Rule 1 treat your dog as a dog and not a human. Don't talk to it like a baby, God I hate that.
Otherwise follow those steps Spencer threw out. One feeding a day same as everyday and absolutely NO people food. I know when your dog gets people food when it's drooling at me at the picnic table. That's when I bark at your dog.

Dogs in the wild? Feral ,garbage eating dogs?

Rule 1 treat your dog as a dog and not a human.
what does this have to do with feeding a healthy diet?
Don't talk to it like a baby, God I hate that.
Sorry you hate that, but this also doesnt have anything to do with feeding a dog a healthy diet. And what does it matter if I talk to my dog or not? I hate the fact that not every dog owner teaches their dog to behave or cleans up their dogs poo and as a result my dog is banned from many places where dogs USED to be allowed.
absolutely NO people food.
why? and when you read the ingredients of a dog food, and it says beef or even spinach, or blue berries...., isnt that human type food, I am confused here. maybe it should say Mcdonalds or roadkill or dead cats and dogs from the vets office or something yummy like that?

@mattybfat I dont want to argue with you. But a human can also live their life on McDonalds and slushies, but none of us would recommend that.
Why are a few of you so cantankerous about someone wanting to supply their dog with better nutrition?
If you took your dog to the vet and was told your dog had a kidney issue and you needed to change their diet to improve their quality of life, you mean you wouldnt comply? what if changing their diet would prevent that disease from happening in the first place? what if the average life expectancy for your dog was 12 years but with a better diet could extend that to 20? what then?

I know when your dog gets people food when it's drooling at me at the picnic table.

Lol. This is great! I fucking love my dog to death but she knows not to beg.

My next dog will be suited to be an outside dog year round. My old mans dog was a guard dog he kept outside. He would bring him inside the basement during big snow storm but otherwise he was outside. He was a great member of our family and a loyal guardian.

I do realize it's an added expense keeping a dog outside. I've got my eyes set on a certain breed that's bred for such a life.

Im guessing @mattybfat is referring to the overall soft approach to dog ownership that is prevalent nowadays. If you go back a Bender generation or two they were probably not giving any thought to dog nutrition. They just knew how to pick hardy dogs.

Last edited:
My dog likes the Costco lamb and rice. But she LOVES chicken poop and the neighbor's cat food.
I got lucky and my vet came from Colorado where my dog breed is very popular. He knows all about them and said that the cattle dog's dna was perfected in Australia and the meat they would be fed is lamb. He likes the Costco brand and I like buying in bulk. Win win.
For 30,000 years dogs were fed only food that humans wouldn't or couldn't eat. I really wouldn't stress out over dog food. They aren't people and their digestive system works very different as it moves through much much faster. They can eat 3 day old roadkill and will be fine.... And before that they were wolves. Only the alpha male got to eat the choice meats like liver. The rest consumed the entire animal, including every bone, even the skull and brain. The only pieces left would be the lower jaw and any antlers. That's the only part a wolf can't chew through. Wolves have way way way more bite force than even a pitbull.

Last edited:
Oh I also feed my dog any scraps we have, but never ever from the table. Only in her bowl after we left the table. Anything she won't eat goes to the chickens.

So the chickens are the bottom of the food chain @gtluke s

Sorry not gonna entertain that a dog isn't a dog.

Problem with today's dog is puppy mills and half ass breeders who are either in for money or terrible pet owners. This is a sore subject from experience. Today's dog ills were non existent just 30 years ago and it had Zero to do with FOOD!

So go ahead and buy into what to feed your dog because you want the best for your human dog.

So the chickens are the bottom of the food chain @gtluke s

Sorry not gonna entertain that a dog isn't a dog.

Problem with today's dog is puppy mills and half ass breeders who are either in for money or terrible pet owners. This is a sore subject from experience. Today's dog ills were non existent just 30 years ago and it had Zero to do with FOOD!

So go ahead and buy into what to feed your dog because you want the best for your human dog.
WHAT have yo done to @Arwen's Mom ??? she is MIA??

Back
Top Bottom