Dehumidifier continuous drain kit?

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
Long shot here but am wondering if anyone has this kit from Frigidaire, perhaps on an older dehumidifier that you no longer need or use?

The gist of the issue is I have a Frigidaire dehumidifier that has an outlet for continuous drain into my sump well. Problem is, despite following the manual exactly, the unit only drains into the the bucket within the unit. It doesn’t drain to the hose attached to the unit.

I found this video, as well as other posts online, that confirms this is a common issue. The solution is this part (pictured). It is comprised of a rubber plug to stop water from going into the internal bucket and a vented elbow that facilitates water flow. Frigidaire no longer has them nor does Parts Select and every other website I’ve searched.
IMG_9168.jpeg
Anyone have one? If not I may try to MacGuyver something. Shame on Frigidaire for not supplying this to begin with. I called their help line and they couldn’t have been any more useless.

It isn't hidden in the unit? I had something similar.

Attach a hose to the bucket!

Just get a bulkhead fitting and attach to the bucket, then add in fitting to some hose and drain away.

View attachment 218671
Interesting. So this would mean drilling into the plastic of the bucket at its lowest point, correct? The bucket is made, however, of rigid clear plastic. I’m not sure if i can drill a clean hole without creating cracks? Instead, I was thinking of finding an elbow like the original (albeit it wouldn’t likely come with a vent tube) then drilling a hole in it and gluing in a vent tube. Then fashioning a rubber plug for the hole that drains to the bucket. Thoughts on this? Does someone make an elbow like the one in the original kit? I can browse the plumbing aisle at HD if so.

Have you tried to run the unit with something jammed into where the plug would go, to see if condensation comes out of the back?
Just take various size bolt with a piece of inner tube and see what fits. (If you are running tubeless and don't have tubes, out of luck).

Have you tried to run the unit with something jammed into where the plug would go, to see if condensation comes out of the back?
Just take various size bolt with a piece of inner tube and see what fits. (If you are running tubeless and don't have tubes, out of luck).
Good thinking. It’s worth a shot to see if I can force it out of the drain tube. Won’t be able to get to the unit for a few weeks so will report back after that.

Yeah that’s what I keep thinking but any magic there might be is hidden behind sheets of plastic with no screws to suggest access. 🤷‍♂️. Will try @JerseyPete ’s suggestion and see what happens.
a friend with a 3d printer and roll of tpu could make the plug for you . . ., vent on the elbow probably not a huge deal

I had this same thing while cleaning out my parent's house and fixing their dehumidifier. I just plugged the hole with a vacuum cap meant for a car I had laying around.

Basically the design is it goes through the drain tube into the tank. If you plug the drain tube it can then go out the hose attachment. Kind of hokey tbh.

Years ago I did the bulkhead fitting thing on another dehumidifier, but honestly just plugging up the drain hole with silly putty or anything else would probably work too.

1689713250263.png

I had a similar problem where the bucket would fill despite being drained to the sump. Did you check that the drain line wasn’t clogged? Not uncommon for a layer of sludge to form on the inside of the pipe

What @mpope68 said is worth checking.

Fwiw, I run a Frigidaire with a drain to the sump, and yeah- it’s weird instructions only called for attaching the line, no plugging the line to the tank. Not sure how that works, but it does.

I have had it occasionally fill the tank instead - maybe a couple of times in 5 years, but I just pulled the tank, re-checked the hose and it went back to draining.

I guess what I’m saying is have you tried turning it off and turning it back on?

I had a similar problem where the bucket would fill despite being drained to the sump. Did you check that the drain line wasn’t clogged? Not uncommon for a layer of sludge to form on the inside of the pipe
Yep tried that already.

No.
This is MTBNJ.
This has to be overthought, over engineered and at least two pages.
file.php

Back
Top Bottom