CX Skills Sessions (Unofficial)- Back to Basics - Thursdays in Madison

Sean was nice enough to take the broken bike back. I picked up another Giant TCX. Blue and white, mix of ultegra and mavic wheels. Handled pretty nice at hillsborough. Need a new crankset though, will probably drop a half a pound! . Will ad a pic tomorrow.

All those fast barriers last night gave me a wicked knot somewhere in the vicinity of plumber crack stage left.

Also, this:
upload_2016-9-23_8-5-0.png

@Santapez

Ugh, if I have to clean my bike for KMC I'll just die. Maybe I'll put that one on the rack and hope it rains the way up.

Thursday, September 29th.....

I can't make it. Back to school night for Trevor, and a meeting at Will's school for an enrichment program. No getting out of this.

I thought we would work on starts again. Not necessarily the full on sprint, but technique - gearing, pedal position, in/out of saddle, etc. Also some faster cornering work. Not the figure eight stuff, but more like tracing the penalty box of the soccer field. Really leaning into the turns, letting the tires do the work, getting a feel for how much you can push it before you loose traction.

Soooooooo... Have fun. @The Heckler Good luck at KMC. I'll be at Hippo & Caffeinated. Cat 4 40+ with Harry. See you sukka's there.

Thursday, September 29th is 66 cent coffee at Dunkin Donuts. Just sayin.
Good to know!
Free if you use the app.

Is anyone else still on for high speed cornering and starts at the usual jawn?
@Santapez @MissJR @The Heckler @rsinger814 @chuprinko
Can we procure stakes and a length of tape for handup practice? Am determined to have birthday handups, even if it means hanging a doughnut from a tree and trying to grab it as I ride past...

Back
Top Bottom