Crossing the Delaware to ride ...

1speed

Incredibly profound yet fantastically flawed
Hey everyone -- don't know how long this will last if things slush over with rain being called for on Tuesday, but Wissahickon in Philly is completely rideable right now. I did a full loop (16.5 miles) today on the SS and only had to push in a very few sections (usually hills with multiple lines up, because with multiple lines, there wasn't any single line that was trampled down enough.) I used the Contour, and I'll post that as soon as I can edit the clips together.

But if you can get there and you're looking for a place to ride or train right now, it's rideable.

Good to know. I'm going to have to break down and start road tripping soon. This snow shoeing and running stuff is for the birds.

I went there with Pearl and Lou 2-3 weeks ago because a Philly mtb site said it was "good to go" we ended up riding to Philly for steak samiches the snow was too deep. I gave up a while ago on waiting for local trails to come back to life and have kept to the roads.

Pa

Nice. Calling for snow, ice then rain tomorrow. This winter just completely blows for riding. Driving to work this am, saw a Roadie slip & fall on patch of ice while waiting for the light to turn green in Morris. I actually felt bad for the guy. Came back from VT yesterday skiing, I see a bunch of mtn bikes on top of a car, looked like possibly out of Lewis Morris. They were pretty clean so I dont know where the hell they'd be riding around here. Probably saw what was there and then turned around.:hmmm:

It was totally rideable. I don't know what those guys were saying about two weeks ago on the Philly site. It wasn't good at all. I, however, offer you proof! :D

Check out the Monday Jan 17th entry -- there is a clip at the bottom from the helmet cam.

Back
Top Bottom