Critique my bike storage

Complete fakes news, @shrpshtr325 or @Patrick will use physics to tell you why. Btw, how deep is your garage?

The lower level is kind of cool, as mentioned it's height is based on the longest bike. You can 'lower' shorter wheelbased bikes by rotating the tire so the back wheels rest on the floor
thanks makes sense.

I dont know the exact measurements offhand. and my garage is a mess on my side. when its inside, on my side garage fits my 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe with room in front for 2 bikes standing next to each other and my workbench behind that.

wife side has a 2023 Honda Odyssey with the standing fridge and freezer in front and just enough room to side step past the front bumper to get to the drivers side.

1698259957514.png

For real, that back corner is your solution.

Attachments

• 1698259957663.png
    1698259957663.png
    1 MB · Views: 49
thats the wheel from when i smoked my shoulder; it reminds me to take it easy over wet railroad tracks
It's been a couple years but I did a race in Richmond a few years ago where I come out of singletrack onto a wet road with 2" or so of water and this race worker yells something completely unintelligible to me. 20 feet later my front wheel goes over a flush railroad track and I instantly lose my front wheel and slammed my shoulder into the ground.

Then, through the one of the thickest southern accents I've ever heard I could barely make out him yell "I told you to be careful with the railroad tracks."

thanks makes sense.

I dont know the exact measurements offhand. and my garage is a mess on my side. when its inside, on my side garage fits my 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe with room in front for 2 bikes standing next to each other and my workbench behind that.

wife side has a 2023 Honda Odyssey with the standing fridge and freezer in front and just enough room to side step past the front bumper to get to the drivers side.
Can't fit the workbench on the side?

IF I shared my garage I think you would all need a therapist.

RT, if you remove the front wheel of your bikes and hang the bikes by the toptube on the side walls it would take up less space and not a PITA to get down as opposed to ceiling hung.

Can't fit the workbench on the side?
No. The double garage is just wide enough for each car with a separate door on each side.

The reorg of the garage is very low on the priority list these days. First I need to clean it out on my side which means I need to clean out more of the basement ..

Anyway this thread took a wrong turn we should be focused on how close the bikes are to the mustang. 🤪

Use the other bay, grow a pair, park the wives car outside. The only trade off I have with this solution at my house is that I brush the snow off my wife's car in the winter....I think its a fair trade off....You wont have this problem.

There is no way in hell that I would have those bikes that close to that car. I've seen every possible way that a bike can fall over in my time at the shop. This won't end well.

This is temporary and it's just me who ventures on that side. That ceiling system you suggested looks like the best option - going to order one

Are these the first world problems I can look forward to if I retire and move to FL?
BTW, my bikes I lift over my head but the kayak has the pully system:
And to make it easier I went with the H-F hoist:

Back
Top Bottom