Controlled burn today (Tuesday 11/28)

so that's only the High Tech section of yellow?

also anyone know if you ride into the Chimney Rock Inn lot from yellow?
Thought it would be nice to take a break there for a slice and drink, see there's a trail of sorts along the stream leading into Thompson

Thought it would be nice to take a break there for a slice and drink, see there's a trail of sorts along the stream leading into Thompson

I've never done it but from I was told years ago there is a trail just not bike friendly at all.

All the way to the river & across to orange to CR Road was the plan in the spring.

its really really rough. i did it years and years ago. some hike-a-bike sections. getting to the inn is one thing because its mostly downhill. getting back would be another. you do get to ride by some nice cliffs tho.

its really really rough. i did it years and years ago. some hike-a-bike sections. getting to the inn is one thing because its mostly downhill. getting back would be another. you do get to ride by some nice cliffs tho.
I think I've seen the top of that trail...connects by the Chimney Rock itself.
Also, don't think I could ride after eating a slice and drinking a beer!!

IMG_3374.JPG
IMG_3375.JPG
IMG_3376.JPG
IMG_3377.JPG
IMG_3379.JPG
Not sure if there will any issue with the trails after this, but I'm thinking it will very possible. It will certainly feel a bit different in the short term but hopefully we won't have to trim tjat section next summer.

Reactions: rlb
It was pretty damn smoky in my neighborhood this afternoon. Hopefully all is well out there!

I was on 287 heading North around New Brunfus, the smoke was being blown from CR. As I got closer to 22, the west wind carried the thick smoke. Yellow was unrideable.

On my commute home tonight I saw the fire. You can see it when driving through the twisties on Chimney Rock Road.

The smoke was bad today. I had my windows closed but it still got in the house. @rlb your neighborhood was in the direct path of the smoke before. Lol.

I just drove down gilbride and it's a really cool sight. It's complete darkness without street lights, so all you see going up krams climb is black with little flames scattered over the hillside.

hmm, Krams and Gilbride are on opposite sides of the park
@I Ride Bikes must have a secret trail

still very smoky this morning when I drove by, yesterday morning was nothing

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions