Complete hydraulic brake set with rotors

Wolfjon

I just picked up a project frame to build up with my son.. I have everything I need except for a complete disk brake-set.. frame is a 2014 focus project enduro 160/150 and should be something we can take over to the MCBP.. right now just looking for anything to at least make it rideable so we can test it out before taking down for the winter and going through everything.. I am located up in north jersey.

What size frame? I might have something but need to check if they are still in the parts bin. Also they have short hoses.

It’s a small frame but it does have 160 front travel and 150 rear... hard to tell with a regular tape measure but the rear hose would be somewhere around 70 inch’s and the front would be around 40ish
image.jpg

Last edited:
Hmm. Too short. Elixr 5's White housings, black levers. 27" front, 58" rear.
Hmm... I think tonight I will run a hose along the frame and get an actual measurement.. I know the rear routing goes under the downtube and swingarm so that definitely adds length.

I have a 6-bolt 160 rotor if you want to start piecing it together. XT ICE Tech. $15 shipped.

So I picked up a set of older XO brakes and rotors tonight.. so far the rear needed to be at least 57 long these were just a little short. So now need a line.. oh well no biggey but the only adapters I have did not work. I used a standard Shimano 20 but it looks as though I would need a 25 to make it work.. I need to research a little. Here is a picture for reference front and rear.
C3232909-1061-4B64-A54D-DC13C5779E48.jpeg82AA34CA-1904-4F8A-8CB6-AF0E3EE321C5.jpeg

Last edited:
So I picked up a set of older XO brakes and rotors tonight.. so far the rear needed to be at least 57 long these were just a little short. So now need a line.. oh well no biggey but the only adapters I have did not work. I used a standard Shimano 20 but it looks as though I would need a 25 to make it work.. I need to research a little. Here is a picture for reference front and rear.
View attachment 78496View attachment 78497
i believe you can order a whole kit of spacers/brackets for like 10 bucks.

On the way home today I may just bite the bullet and stop in at Town Cycle with the bike that way I can make sure to get the right parts. Right now I am down to needing 1 set of pads, 1 longer rear line, Spacers, bolts and a rear shift cable. That should be enough to be able to get this thing running enough to test out.

I'm sorry for the late response to your PM. Work and family have been all consuming as of late. Happy you were able to find a set.

If for some reason they don't work out for you, I still have the brand new XT's as well as an older pair of Elixer R's that are in great shape. Not pushing....just throwing it out there.

SOOOO.... last night stopped in at Town cycle and picked up the shifter cable.. then fortunately/unfortunately the cost for a new hose and brake pads for the rear xo's were more expensive the just buying the cheapest shimano brakeset he had in stock... Plus it was a direct bolt on. I wish I had gone a different route but its up and running and we will see tonight over at Dickerson mines or the Tourne what my son thinks of it on the trails in comparison to his Fuel EX8 ..
Reggie thanks we'll see how the bike turns out. I am sure if we decide to keep it the brakeset I have will not really work great for the intended use of this bike.

SOOOO.... last night stopped in at Town cycle and picked up the shifter cable.. then fortunately/unfortunately the cost for a new hose and brake pads for the rear xo's were more expensive the just buying the cheapest shimano brakeset he had in stock... Plus it was a direct bolt on. I wish I had gone a different route but its up and running and we will see tonight over at Dickerson mines or the Tourne what my son thinks of it on the trails in comparison to his Fuel EX8 ..
Reggie thanks we'll see how the bike turns out. I am sure if we decide to keep it the brakeset I have will not really work great for the intended use of this bike.
get used to this, you'll have boxes and boxes of spare parts before you know it
Good luck to your son's new to him bike

Back
Top Bottom