Coffee! It's all the same color but...

Invader coffee, #2 Melitta natural brown filter in ceramic filter holder. Grind when the water is starting to steam.

I think @Norm ’s head may have just exploded
I don't really consider myself a coffee snob. But Joy's mom can't figure out our grinder & pour over setup so I bought a $20 drip coffee maker and $3.50lb Aldi Coffee.
I topped off my cup with the Aldi coffee yesterday and thought I was going to throw up.

I think @Norm ’s head may have just exploded
I’m used to it. Every time we all travel anywhere he needs to stop at the local sewage treatment plant to get his supply for the week.
I took pride in my ability to drink any coffee anywhere.....and I thought I was a lazy bastard when it came to coffee.....But then I met the master... @JimN and was truly in awe.

I took pride in my ability to drink any coffee anywhere.....and I thought I was a lazy bastard when it came to coffee.....But then I met the master... @JimN and was truly in awe.

Fair. Jim takes the room temperature raw sewage and adds it to the instant grounds.

But then I met the master... @JimN and was truly in awe.

The best was when you picked up my instant coffee and asked if you could have some, and then you had to ask how it works 🤣

The best was when you picked up my instant coffee and asked if you could have some, and then you had to ask how it works 🤣
like I said, I fancy myself a lazy shitbag.....but I never DREAMED it was scientifically possible to be instant coffee lazy. Science is truly marvelous.

That said, I brew my shitty costco coffee the old fashioned way....I do have some standards.

This is my best coffee kit. Contains a moka pot, micro butane stove, small butane bottle, four double-wall stainless cups, grinder, stainless pitcher for warming dairy products, battery powered stirrer/foamer, small Tupperware for coffee/beans and still room for a towel, sugar etc.

You have not lived until you’ve made a beautiful espresso in the snow, in the middle of nowhere.

IMG_5016.jpeg

I learned about coffee by drinking mud made in the basement of a sewer and water contractor I worked for in high school. in hindsight, I think they ran hot water over a dirty sock filled with coal. i thought this was the pinnacle of coffee. anything since then has tasted like heaven's version of happiness. so basically, I will drink almost anything that has hot water run over a substance into a cup.

I like lattes wit organic whole milk. We have a DeLonghi Eletta at home and I get beans from various roasters (Onyx, Tim Wendelboe, Fellow Drops, local roasters found on travels). We travel with said beans and an Aeropress. I can't drink Starbucks unless it's an emergency, and everything else tastes like either dishwater or campfire runoff.

Back
Top Bottom