Chimney Rock Conditions

Great trail conditions on Black Friday. The connector from left to middle blue is proving to be challenging for me. Here's the aftermath of one of my unsuccessful attempts at the left hand turn. Note the blue water bottle. View attachment 43961

Try going wider right into that. Give yourself more space for your turn.

Or just add more oil. That always works.

Pinoy party.... how come I don't get invited? I'm not Pinoy, but my son is.. :)

I need to get out to CR soon... feeling more confident on the Fatty and the videos I'm seeing look awesome. How does CR compare to Hartshorne or LewMo?
it's the perfect next park after LM, orange and yellow are a little more changing. The park has lots to offer for both beginners and advanced riders

. :) How does CR compare to Hartshorne or LewMo?[/QUOTE said:
Mo' ROCKS

There are more rocks, but there's nothing really that intimidating at CR. Thats the beauty of that place. if you're comfortable at Hartshorne and lm, you will be fine.

Got out to CR this morning... definitely Mo'Rocks. Holy cow. I had a good time but it wasn't a place I'd choose to go to often... it is punishing and you work so hard climbing those gnarly, rocky climbs with no pay-off of a good descent. Its just even more rocks. LOL. I definitely had a lot more fun at Hartshorne and Lewis Morris. As a newb, though, still so many awesome places to explore and see, and I'm always up for an adventure.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
@CrankAddictRich - As a 'newb' I can see where CR is punishing and quite different than LM or Harteshorne. Some other great parks that are a step up from those two, and not as rocky as CR are Deer Park, Stephens, Nassau, or KVSP. The more you ride different trail systems, they get easier because you know the lines. That's what I like about CR - unrelenting rocks and no 'rest' areas.

I like how you use the word " punishing". I do agree. But like Off The Road Again stated it does get a hell of a lot easier once you get to know the lines and or stay away from certain rocks/boulders. It's a great feeling when you do conquer those trails though. You may want to take certain trails in an opposite direction. I tried many different directions/loops until I have finally settled on a makeable route. "Never Surrender" - Biff Byford

3.5/4 @bobe kryant @Mountain Bike Mike

[Maybe 3.88/4]

Didn't ride outer Blue. Probably muddy today, dry tomorrow.

There is a 18+" thick tree down on the eastern red fire road, 50 yards above the upper gate on the right that gets you to the shoreline of the reservoir.

TM is 9am Saturday-bring your phattie to the Rock for National Phattie Day after the digging!

Riding tomorrow @rick81721?

Last edited:
IMG_1504.JPG
Sunday am rode ball field ->yellow-> orange -> ballfields. Orange had some mud, everything else was surprisingly good. Great ride at The Rock!

breaking news
Chipotle and Whole Foods planned amongst other stores in the lot across from the quarry
not sure of completion date

Conditions as of 12/6: 4.1/5.0. Blue a bit boggy, but not bad at all. Red rode really rad. Orange was okay of course. White was a wee wet, not bad. Yellow was....pyerfect!! All in all good conditions, more tacky if anything. Didn't ride middle Blue, middle Orange or outer White.

Conditions as of 12/6: 4.1/5.0. Blue a bit boggy, but not bad at all. Red rode really rad. Orange was okay of course. White was a wee wet, not bad. Yellow was....pyerfect!! All in all good conditions, more tacky if anything. Didn't ride middle Blue, middle Orange or outer White.

The water table is so low (look at the Reservoir) and the trails are so dry that even with last night's rain, they should be mostly dry by Thursday. Even the wet spots are more surface water than the spring's wheel sucking deep mud.

Saw a red fox on white down by the two wooden bridges after we stopped on blue.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions