Carbon Bars & Wrist Pain

Update:
First off, I appreciate everyone’s advice. I like to think I know more than I do but I really don’t. I’ve been applying what everyone has suggested, from loosening my grip while riding, to adjusting my suspension. I angled my levers up, raised the bars a few mm and changed the sweep. Rather than spend $100 on carbon bars I did all the things you suggested. Oh, and I added silicone grips for $15. There has been a noticeable improvement with my wrists. I’m hopeful I can ride completely pain free again. This is a good start.

Take this for what it's worth which is in my own experience. I have twice gave up alchohol and sugar and both times have not had numbing problems that I typically do, its possible placebo effect but there were times I could not hang on with both hands.

Take this for what it's worth which is in my own experience. I have twice gave up alchohol and sugar and both times have not had numbing problems that I typically do, its possible placebo effect but there were times I could not hang on with both hands.
Dude... that has been on my mind for quite some time. I was even talking about it this morning with one of my clients! Thanks for this.

Distal neuropathy caused by alcohol is a real thing. I Matt's case it is probably made worse by the beating his hands take with work and hobby.

I used an electric Jack hammer about 20 years ago, and could swear my fine motor skills never recovered.

I ride so I can eat sugar and drink beer with being a fat pos.

I was having some hand/wrist issues also. I just started trying revgrips and they seem to work well so far. Granted, I've only had 1 ride on them but so far they feel better than any of the Ergons I've had. I tried ODI and ESI Chunky also as well as OEM Pivot grips (WTB) and the revgrips or Revolution Grips seem to work the best.

Last edited:
Wrong posture and hand positions on the working desk made me look not pleasantly to the eyes. Because shoulder moved forward, back and neck wrong position and form. Back to gym and exercises, hurray to have possibility to work in office for a salary that would cover my mortgage after 25 years. Cool system and possibilities, yeah we are not slave for the bank.

1612188361543.png

I’m so curious about job she(?) got. I don’t want to be slave to bank anymore to.

Back
Top Bottom