Car-spotting thread

Unless it’s an American pickup from the last 20 years with a steel body…
View attachment 231437
View attachment 231438
Lets not forget about Toyota's rust issues, that the spent $3B fixing.

My toyota t100 would see this and like to raise you :) That thing was a truly impressive piece of shit.....not only did the frame/body rot away to nothing....the REAR END housing rotted to the point of leaking....every single line that carried fluid rotted away EVEN THE RUBBER ONES!

really, as someone who just spend 6 months looking at used truck, god its EVERY truck in this state that gets used on a daily basis in the salt.

For some reason, on my focus they used aluminum control arms, stainless exhaust, maybe stainless lines....shocked none are rotted after all this time.
You still have that t100? Toyota will fix it for you. A buddy of mine had his done. His truck had over 150k on the clock, and Toyota put a new frame in it. On a 10yr old truck with over 150k, insane.

You still have that t100? Toyota will fix it for you. A buddy of mine had his done. His truck had over 150k on the clock, and Toyota put a new frame in it. On a 10yr old truck with over 150k, insane.
Well yeah, because when you buy a Toyota truck, it shouldn't be rusted out at 10 years or 150k.

Plus I am pretty sure they didn't make the frames and pushed the cost back to their supplier.

Not a T100....tacoma yes, T100s they wouldnt not fix....I tried it a long time ago.

Granted I bought the truck in 2006 for $1600 and sold it in 2021 for $1000....so im not going to cry about it...but I laugh when everyone tells me how amazing toyota trucks are.....the engine which made NO power was somewhat reliable if i dont count the 4 failed fuel injectors and timing belt replacement....but everything else on the truck totally fell apart.

Not a T100....tacoma yes, T100s they wouldnt not fix....I tried it a long time ago.

Granted I bought the truck in 2006 for $1600 and sold it in 2021 for $1000....so im not going to cry about it...but I laugh when everyone tells me how amazing toyota trucks are.....the engine which made NO power was somewhat reliable if i dont count the 4 failed fuel injectors and timing belt replacement....but everything else on the truck totally fell apart.
The Toyota truck thing is a cult, like the "Jeep Thing". Throw in the Porsche and VW dudes while you're at it, although I suspect the crazy VW guys are the most fun. An olive or desert tan Tacoma holds its value almost as well as a 911. Throw on a brush guard and snorkel and you have the ultimate Suburban Outdoorsman vehicle to impress the other dude-bros when you're standing around in your Patagonia hats and jackets, drinking a TIPA (that everyone secretly think tastes like shit), around a campfire while glamping.

The only Toyota product we've owned (2004 Land Cruiser) had a gearbox failure while we were 400 miles away in VT on a family vacation. The people at the dealer said it's under warranty and just save the receipts for the rental and Toyota would cover. Toyota didn't and I had to fight with them to even cover the transmission costs.

The 3 Suburbans we had before and after the TLC weren't without fault but I drove them hard but kept with the service intervals and they did fine.

Decon wash, Iron-X, clay, polish with 205. Ceramic goes on Sunday morning and cures overnight. I'll have the nicest looking work truck in the county!

It's also so nice to have access to one of the spare properties with a heated garage for this stuff now.

20240126_101337.jpg20240126_114734.jpg20240126_114633.jpg20240126_101405.jpg20240126_114625.jpg

Decon wash, Iron-X, clay, polish with 205. Ceramic goes on Sunday morning and cures overnight. I'll have the nicest looking work truck in the county!

It's also so nice to have access to one of the spare properties with a heated garage for this stuff now.

8 speed or CVT? Please not CVT.
Looks good, but please adjust the panel gaps properly.

You're showing your age.

I'm thinking something like this on a wheel and tire deal.

IMG-5888.jpg

Going to keep both until Spring until I am sure I really like the Maverick and it's not a total lemon/POS. If it goes as planned the T4R goes on the block.

Neilsen of Morristown. Nick Lutz is the Sales Manager. MSRP plus $398 doc fee. Gotta be lowest in NJ.
How long was the wait?

How long was the wait?

I ordered 9/2023 expecting it to show in 4/2024 to 5/2024. Then the UAW strike happened and I figured maybe it will be June. Then it got scheduled to be built in November. That was pushed into December (waiting on the spray-in bedliner was the rumor and a software update) and then it showed up in January.

They added a third shift at the factory to keep up with demand, so that helped alot. The wait times are longer for Tremors, XLTs with Luxury Package, and Hybrids. Ford is way over scheduled on XL Hybrids and rumor is they may stop taking orders on those. XL Hybrid might take a year to show up at this point.

Back
Top Bottom