Car-spotting thread

yes. yes they are... in my opinion its the equivalent of leaving the stick on foam door ding protectors. and they look absolutely ridiculous.

god those stupid things are supposed to be removed by the dealer before delivering the car, i honestly didnt know there were so many lazy dealers out there :/

they are stupid, but serve a purpose while shipping the car.

my understanding is that originally they are indeed designed to protect the splitter during shipping but now it's become some kind of status symbol to leave it on.

unverified rumor that some dealers are removing them and then offering to paint the splitter to look that way - on purpose.

my understanding is that originally they are indeed designed to protect the splitter during shipping but now it's become some kind of status symbol to leave it on.

unverified rumor that some dealers are removing them and then offering to paint the splitter to look that way - on purpose.

yes they were having problems with the splitters dragging on the trailers during loading/unloading (getting damaged and customers obviously werent happy with that) so they started putting the protectors on to stop it, dealers are supposed to remove them and dispose of or return (probably dispose of since they keep leaving them on). I dont get the draw to driving around with them, I could see it if you bought the car to use as a trailer queen/track car.

Wonder if that's the same one that used to win his bracket every week in the early 90s? Slow AF but consistent.
Dunno, but that's petty impressive for a manual transmission.

I once got to the top 8 at Island in my mom's '84 Chevy Celebrity. 2.5L auto. Low 19s IIRC. I'd be passing the snackbar before the other car left. I think it messed with their heads and they made mistakes. Would have made the semis except I forgot that the defroster ran the AC compressor! Really killed my time.

Dunno, but that's petty impressive for a manual transmission.

I once got to the top 8 at Island in my mom's '84 Chevy Celebrity. 2.5L auto. Low 19s IIRC. I'd be passing the snackbar before the other car left. I think it messed with their heads and they made mistakes. Would have made the semis except I forgot that the defroster ran the AC compressor! Really killed my time.
Definitely not the same one, he ran an automatic.

Looks like its going to stop raining by noon, if the roads dry up I will probably hit up the boonton show tonight....anyone around?

Couldn't get a pic... But I was passed on my road bike by a black e300 Benz in Boonton with a nj senate lincense plate and with the only letters being "AB".... Im assuming it was bucco.... Interestingly enough he held up traffic for a few minutes bc he wouldn't try a semi sketchy pass of two other cyclists on powerville road... So I guess he has no where to go in a hurry 😊

On today’s easy ride saw a lot of cool
Rides here’s just 2 I grabbed pics.

It was a little far away but this Jeep scrambler looked like a nice restoration

Then I later on I got a flat tire on the bike and just as I was waiting to cross the street to go over to a safer spot In a parking lot to change it I heard some crazy crackling sound and this thing came past me.

Love the car and the color but that wing is the dumbest thing I have seen on a car like that.
01AFF241-D22B-4813-8750-E011D68675E0.jpeg
2C3745C8-F915-4836-AB83-7913DBF46079.pngp

Back
Top Bottom