Car-spotting thread

Haha I thought you said you had one. Don't you have an Audi? A guy in an R8 did a fly-by of the show - sounded awesome.
The V10 model R8 sounds insane. I just have an a5...it’s manual and fun to drive but it’s no S5. My mustang was a ‘92 fox body 5.0 that I put a ton of work into. I think it got about 9 mpg and got me into way too much trouble haha.

This build is golden tho!
https://www.google.com/amp/s/jalopn...cat-powered-jalop-gold-amc-jav-1822882311/amp

I don’t know what it was but I found this Honda color striking yesterday. Maybe it was just a basic Honda Accord Sport. Maybe it’s a no cost color. Maybe cause I love blue cars. not dark blue not light blue not powder blue. BLUE. Now blue with a hint of purple. Banging. Maybe it was the overcast. Maybe it was the purple awnings. Dont care.
5F5D196E-C2D3-47DE-A9BC-322DD47C1603.jpeg

This build is golden tho!
https://www.google.com/amp/s/jalopn...cat-powered-jalop-gold-amc-jav-1822882311/amp

I don’t know what it was but I found this Honda color striking yesterday. Maybe it was just a basic Honda Accord Sport. Maybe it’s a no cost color. Maybe cause I love blue cars. not dark blue not light blue not powder blue. BLUE. Now blue with a hint of purple. Banging. Maybe it was the overcast. Maybe it was the purple awnings. Dont care.
View attachment 88627

Did you catch 60 minutes last night? They did a segment about all the different brands of EV cars available in China and how big a push there is for them by the gov't.

AMC made some of the more interesting cars of that area. As time has gone by, the "normal" cool cars seem like stupid big boats to me now, but those less thought of cars have a soft spot in my heart. I think AMC nailed that muscle car shape without being too large.

I love 1980's AMC's. I had a AMC-CJ5/304/3spd and an Ambassdor-Brougham/360, both were really fun(ky) to drive and own. I should have bought several a few years ago, since like everything else they're getting scarce = pricey. A Gremlin X, AMX or Javelin would be a lot of fun today...

@Bike N Gear
Did not! Was not at sunday dinner at in laws like usual where we usually catch 60min (no cable tv) but thanks for the info. Ill check it out. I know that’s what’s happening there and god knows they need help with air pollution.

the grand tour China episode the previous week was cool. That wasThe NIO supercar was featured.

Good luck Tesla team dealing with very demanding Chinese people. You are going to need it. Lol
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...ahead-of-schedule-in-sales-push-idUSKCN1QB0DC

Our IT guy drove his new-to-him Prius-EV today, freaking out 'cause he drove from upper NY-State, and was looking for a place to plug in. That toy has a gasoline generator on-board, but I dont know if it can run un-attended. A toy for sure, and really turned me off. I'd much rather have an AMC Pacer.

you mean the prius-prime? That's just a Prius with a longer EV range. ~20mi which is hysterical. It's not necessary to plug it in to drive. Practicality, any PHEV needs like 60 miles EV range to make any impact.

@Bike N Gear
Did not! Was not at sunday dinner at in laws like usual where we usually catch 60min (no cable tv) but thanks for the info. Ill check it out. I know that’s what’s happening there and god knows they need help with air pollution.

the grand tour China episode the previous week was cool. That wasThe NIO supercar was featured.

Good luck Tesla team dealing with very demanding Chinese people. You are going to need it. Lol
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...ahead-of-schedule-in-sales-push-idUSKCN1QB0DC

They interviewed the NIO ceo. He's hoping to start selling here. they showed the Tesla map of just how many are over there. Lots, but they cost twice as much as the NIO. They also showed the availability of a 3 minute battery swap station as discussed here, somewhere.

I'm actually a little surprised there isn't more rust down there with the salty air near the beaches.

I was down in Key Largo a month ago starting up a control panel for work. We shipped it a week earlier. Got down there it looked like it had been sitting out in the elements for 5 years.

And backing up into saltwater to drop off a boat isn't the best for steel either.

I'm actually a little surprised there isn't more rust down there with the salty air near the beaches.

I was down in Key Largo a month ago starting up a control panel for work. We shipped it a week earlier. Got down there it looked like it had been sitting out in the elements for 5 years.

And backing up into saltwater to drop off a boat isn't the best for steel either.

The gulf water is actually not that salty. I've always hated how the salt sticks to your skin after a swim in the sea/ocean (I grew up in Italy, the Mediterranean is awful with regard to that), never had the same problem when I lived in Tampa.

The gulf water is actually not that salty. I've always hated how the salt sticks to your skin after a swim in the sea/ocean (I grew up in Italy, the Mediterranean is awful with regard to that), never had the same problem when I lived in Tampa.

Nah the gulf is just as salty as anywhere else in the ocean. Maybe you were swimming in parts of Tampa bay where there is a mix of fresh and salt water, making it less salty.

Nah the gulf is just as salty as anywhere else in the ocean. Maybe you were swimming in parts of Tampa bay where there is a mix of fresh and salt water, making it less salty.

Actually it was the same in Clearwater, Sarasota, new Port Richey...I guess being used to a closed sea such as the Mediterranean made the difference...never took a swim on the Atlantic side, not really appealing.

Actually it was the same in Clearwater, Sarasota, new Port Richey...I guess being used to a closed sea such as the Mediterranean made the difference...never took a swim on the Atlantic side, not really appealing.

Mediterranean is slightly saltier but I can't imagine it would feel differently. The dead sea or salt lake, yeah!

Took my mustang neighbor to a shop in Sarasota to get his car wrapped with Suntek. These guys do paint correction on all the Lamborghini's that come into the dealer right fown the street. They were getting ready to do this GT350 - not a fan of the taillights:

20190228_163546.jpg

One of the owner's M3

20190228_163559.jpg

Back
Top Bottom