Canal Road Closure Updates

Saturday morning and it is an active work site today. I went out and back on blue to avoid the work area.

Saturday morning and it is an active work site today. I went out and back on blue to avoid the work area.

Yep - there’s a fence up in the red side and signs saying do not enter. It was active when I was there this afternoon - I went out and back on red.

Wish i had seen this before hitting the park. Had to ride 3 miles down to the Griggstown canal bridge and 3 mi back just to cross that tiny stretch of road/bridge (so there is technically a "go around" if you're willing).

On my way down the road, i spotted a lone kayaker and i briefly considered asking him to ferry me across but i didn't have any Greek coins to offer. 😂

Screenshot 2023-11-20 084401.png

Wish i had seen this before hitting the park. Had to ride 3 miles down to the Griggstown canal bridge and 3 mi back just to cross that tiny stretch of road/bridge (so there is technically a "go around" if you're willing).

On my way down the road, i spotted a lone kayaker and i briefly considered asking him to ferry me across but i didn't have any Greek coins to offer. 😂

View attachment 227554
Looks like a puking dragon...

Just finished a short loop from the canal road lot and ran into one of the maintenance supervisors for 6 Mile run: he told me that the township/park superintendent is closing the portion of 6 mi titled red shred bread on Strava (blue on the attached map). They have begun placing logs and other debris on the trail to block passage. He stated that they were closing that portion due to "issues" including lawsuits from people who have fallen on that portion of the trail.

This is all the information I've gotten from my conversation with him. I have not been able to verify this information as yet. Just passing along the message.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240322-151523.png
    Screenshot_20240322-151523.png
    170.9 KB · Views: 45
Just finished a short loop from the canal road lot and ran into one of the maintenance supervisors for 6 Mile run: he told me that the township/park superintendent is closing the portion of 6 mi titled red shred bread on Strava (blue on the attached map). They have begun placing logs and other debris on the trail to block passage. He stated that they were closing that portion due to "issues" including lawsuits from people who have fallen on that portion of the trail.

This is all the information I've gotten from my conversation with him. I have not been able to verify this information as yet. Just passing along the message.
This is short sighted as it forces you to ride from Jacques to canal road on a very busy road.

Is the canal road closure still in effect? Is there any target completion date known?

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions