Can I get a freakin race report?

Dominos

Team MTBNJ Halter's
your writing is simply magnificent
I Agree here! Sean Runnette needs to start a blog!

Matt, didn't see your race either (sorry, #becausetoddler) but for laps one and two, you seemed to be in fine form... last I saw you were 10 sec or so ahead of Gerald Adasavage which is impressive.

As I'm not racing this season, I was mostly there to cheer on @Delish who had a great race, and then also to see Sprinkles in action. Both of those were awesome!

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
@gtluke @soundz - how hard would it be to fire up the podcast machine again you think?

By now it must be easier to put together than it was 4 years ago. I think it is time to do this again.

gtluke

The Moped
@gtluke @soundz - how hard would it be to fire up the podcast machine again you think?

By now it must be easier to put together than it was 4 years ago. I think it is time to do this again.

4 years ago it took like half an hour. Do we have the server space if you want to keep them archived? Jimmy or @JimN might be able to give you some questionable space if you don't want to put them on mtbnj. Then it's just that simple RSS script and someone with a fisher price computer needs to link it to itunes.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
4 years ago it took like half an hour. Do we have the server space if you want to keep them archived? Jimmy or @JimN might be able to give you some questionable space if you don't want to put them on mtbnj. Then it's just that simple RSS script and someone with a fisher price computer needs to link it to itunes.

A year ago I could have literally gotten us anything we needed for free. Would be harder now, but not necessarily impossible. Let me know what you need and I'll see if there's anything I can do.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
4 years ago it took like half an hour.

It wasn't long it was just that I needed to plug the phone in to the laptop to DL it, then FTP it to a server. My god people still use FTP as a way to transfer files? Might as well gather around a campfire and tell stories then go gather berries and hit people over the head with a big club.

I think the iTunes stuff was wiped out. I did search for it a few weeks ago randomly and did not find anything.

gtluke

The Moped
It wasn't long it was just that I needed to plug the phone in to the laptop to DL it, then FTP it to a server. My god people still use FTP as a way to transfer files? Might as well gather around a campfire and tell stories then go gather berries and hit people over the head with a big club.

I think the iTunes stuff was wiped out. I did search for it a few weeks ago randomly and did not find anything.

There has to be a podcasting app that has a built in FTP by now. You have to get it to a remote server somehow. All the pros rent space on libsyn

seanrunnette

Brain Damaged Ray Romano
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Re: podcast. I can edit and master. Unless sounding like it was recorded by a potato is a thing?
May also be possible to travel with my lil Mbox. Mics?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Re: podcast. I can edit and master. Unless sounding like it was recorded by a potato is a thing?
May also be possible to travel with my lil Mbox. Mics?

Ok so I understand that you have an innate desire to make it sound good/professional. But we also more or less want it to be as rapid as possible. Sort of like "I edited this audio on the way home from NIttany then uploaded it and posted it by dinner".

So we need to find a balance between potatoes and speed.

Delish

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Nittany Day 2 – M35+ (a.k.a. the sort of old men)

I haven't pinned on a number (or twist-tied a number as the case were) since April and haven't done any structured training this year so I wasn’t entirely sure if my legs were going to show up to race. Also, a bunch of firsts: first race on a new bike, first race on discs, first race on Challenge Baby Limus tires, first race in SPRINKLES KIT.

I've had nearly 6 months to visualize a great start from the 3rd or 4th row at Nittany. Two years ago I was able to move from 4th row to 2nd wheel by the mud pit. This year, not so much. My man on the front row missed his pedal. After moving around the ball-screen I was probably 20-25th when we hit the mud. NOT ACCORDING TO PLAN.

After the mud pit I burned a bunch of matches trying to Ginsu through the field. Luckily, the lead group was still trying to figure out who was going to make the first move so I was able to move into ~10th spot towards the end of the first lap and worked my way to about 6th shortly thereafter jockeying for position with Wolter. We were moving in an orderly line--like ants marching off to a dropped ice cream cone--so I wasn’t too concerned…yet. 4 guys were on point: Roger, Larino, Yozell and some guy I didn’t know. I was happy to sit on Rich W’s wheel but I could tell that he was starting to lose his grip on the lead 4 because gaps were starting to open up after a few of the accel/deccel sections. Rich has mad watts and he was closing down the gaps on the power sections but eventually the elastic broke and the group of 4 got a gap of maybe 10s.

Rich and I were joined by another guy (polka dot) and we generally worked together most of the race—calling out passes in advance and taking decent pulls. I could tell that I was a bit faster through the few tech sections (no-log alley, stairs, root forest) and put that into my short term memory bank. With a couple to-go, Yozell dropped anchor from the lead group then lost contact with the back of group as well. The three of us all took a few pulls and kept the gap about the same to the lead 3. At this point, I started playing difference last lap scenarios in my head. With 1 to go, I was content to sit 3rd wheel through the power section and saved up for my one and only last match to burn. I made the pass around Rich and Polka Dot just before no-log alley and carried a small gap up the stairs all the way through the root forest. I buried it on the last grass stretch, which is really the only place to pass in the last ¼ lap and kept the lead into the barriers, which I hit at orbital bone crushing speed. I heard some carnage behind me—Rich and Polka Dot got a little tangled up but neither went down. I never looked back and kept on the gas through the finish for 4th-- best MAC M35+ finish to date.

After the race @seanrunnette *bought me a Coke, which was the most delicious thing I have ever tasted.
*actually he convinced somebody else I don't even know to pay for it.

More thoughts on 35+ vs UCI racing on the Mediocre Blog later.

No photos except @pearls instafeed. Actuually, there are never any photos of the M35+ field, which is to be expected.

@The Squirrel @Robin @Dominique @TriChick and others - what say you?

seanrunnette

Brain Damaged Ray Romano
Team MTBNJ Halter's
4th-- best MAC M35+
Did not realize 4th. Jaw hits ground, followed by knees as I worship.
However, you're screwing this up:

mediocre

[mee-dee-oh-ker]
See more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
adjective
of only ordinary or moderate quality; neither good nor bad; barelyadequate:
The car gets only mediocre mileage, but it's fun to drive.
Synonyms: undistinguished, commonplace, pedestrian, everyday;run-of-the-mill.
Antonyms: extraordinary, superior, uncommon, incomparable.
not satisfactory; poor; inferior:
Mediocre construction makes that building dangerous.
Synonyms: meager, low-quality, second-rate; so-so.
Antonyms: excellent, superior.

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's

We are currently using less than 20GB of 100GB (and that includes 7 days of backups). So theoretically you could just upload to a post using the upload a file button if we adjust the upload limit for you.

But why not just upload it to YouTube and copy/paste the link here?

Top Bottom