Calling Arwens Mom

Was talking to a fella at work about wanting a REAL bright flashy light for day use. Something as eye catching as lights on a cop car. He said "you dont need brighter lights, you need more noise, something that makes a loud noise like a motorcycle. That is what wakes people up to look around for it and makes them notice you."

ummmm ok.
But I still want a brighter light.

I have bought a couple that look bright in the store, but on a sunny day...no

While driving I am always on the lookout for cyclists, and it amazes me that when the light/shadow conditions are just right, even with high visibility clothes on, sometimes they (we) just are not noticeable enough.

So...bright lights for day?
suggestions?

Was talking to a fella at work about wanting a REAL bright flashy light for day use. Something as eye catching as lights on a cop car. He said "you dont need brighter lights, you need more noise, something that makes a loud noise like a motorcycle. That is what wakes people up to look around for it and makes them notice you."

ummmm ok.
But I still want a brighter light.

I have bought a couple that look bright in the store, but on a sunny day...no

While driving I am always on the lookout for cyclists, and it amazes me that when the light/shadow conditions are just right, even with high visibility clothes on, sometimes they (we) just are not noticeable enough.

suggestions?

You may not even need something super bright, just something witha noticeable color - like a flashing blue or red light might do the trick. You just need something that is different enough from its surroundings to draw attention, and a colorful flashing light might get you there.

suggestions?

Knog flashing lights - I put a white one up front and red on back. They are pretty bright but the flashing is what gets your attention

Shenanigans.

Not ONE shot in the video of the lights being shot from the perspective that AT ALL MATTERS, behind. They repeatedly shot from in front of the guy riding and sticking out his hand so we had a swell view of the palms, then switched to a VERY tight shot of just the blinking hand. I thought they looked dim but this tells me that when they went back and edited the video there was not a single useable shot that showed them from a useful perspective. IE, too dim.

Shenanigans.

(OK fine - more lights never hurt anyone.)

Knog flashing lights - I put a white one up front and red on back. They are pretty bright but the flashing is what gets your attention

This all the way. I used the tail light and it is the best I have found for the $$. Hands down.

Thanks. I looked at them. Think the most was 44 lumens.
I currently have a red blinky on the bike, and one on my helmet. The helmet one has an obnoxious blink pattern with both a red and white light. just dont feel they are eye catching enough. Doesnt anyone make a rear light thats about 1000 lumens? :p

This all the way. I used the tail light and it is the best I have found for the $$. Hands down.

Only issue is their durability isn't that great. My red one the rubber strap snapped, so now I tape it on with clear packing tape :( And my white one just died, but I'm going to attribute that one to me - I dropped it into a hot cup of coffee once and it flew off the handle bars twice and got pretty banged up.

Only issue is their durability isn't that great. My red one the rubber strap snapped, so now I tape it on with clear packing tape :( And my white one just died, but I'm going to attribute that one to me - I dropped it into a hot cup of coffee once and it flew off the handle bars twice and got pretty banged up.

Hmmm, I have not had an issue yet. I did read that when you need to stretch the mount and then hook it.

Btw, their warranty should cover the strap.

Back
Top Bottom