Bubblecross 2015 - Nov. 1!

Team Town Cycle

Yes, we're back at Bubbling Springs - bigger and better than ever! Besides all the usual shenanigans (fab Mexican food from Ruby Rose, kids race, great course, excellent heckling area!), we've got Cyclocross Magazine holding a free beginners clinic (during our kids race - 11:50 a.m.), a bunch of local and cycling vendors, cash prems for the leader of the first lap in the Mens 1/2/3 and the Womens 1/2/3 races, a Ramstein "drink special" for everyone who raced down at Uncorked Wines and Spirits ... whew, we're at our VO2 max just thinking about all of it!

Pre-reg and save some $$ - reg closes 9 p.m. Friday, October 30. Don't forget your costumes - hey, we won't judge if you roll up still in your Donald Trump or Pizza Rat costume from the night before! Prizes for the best costume in each class, as well as call ups for anyone who is awesome enough to race in costume.

Schedule and details either on BikeReg or on flyer, or check on our Facebook, Twitter, blog, Instagram, etc.

Don't forget to roll back your clock Sat. night, or you will be way too early for your race! Car pool if you can - street parking is absolutely verboten, so we'll all cozy up tight in the existing lots!

Oh heck yes we are in. Looking forward to this day.

You need to have BJ act as a live barrier. Dress him up however you want and lay him on the course somewhere.

I'll be there for burritos. Might even race my bicycle if I finish my burrito.

its not a hand up if you start with it.

i think this was also the sight of the worlds first hand down. heckler gave me a beer while he was racing and I was spectating. good times

Other than the washboard section up by the gazebo, this race was super fun. It was my first time riding sand, and of course it had to be the length of Sandy Hook. Got through a few times, walked the rest. As always, thanks to all the organizers, sponsors, and burritos. Until next time!

I took some photos of the 'Juniors and Women's Cat 4' and 'Masters 50+ and 60+' races. Enjoy.

That was definitely my favorite course of the year so far. Not to mention it was also definitely suited to my skills.

In some sick, twisted, sadistic way, I even liked running in the sand.

This race more than any other I would have liked to just stay in bed. Extra hour from daylight savings and still decided to not wake up early to pre-ride and warm up.

Definitely the best course I've been on this year, that part made me really like it. There was no way I was going to skip this course after riding it in bits and pieces during the Tuesday cross practices.

The sand there is awesome as I find it totally rideable (minus the runup part) with a lot of tech that it helps to piece things together. My lack of motor was definitely offset by being able to ride through the sand, up the hill after, through the woods by the ball field, etc. I'd love for there to be a back to back weekend race there.

Great course. Required suffering was had. Rode the sand nicely but had two accidental unclipping events likely due to sand in the cleat.

Vreelands store across the street was good for post ride carbs to go. Next year will look to brunch there.....

Fun course, always my favorite... Ok full disclosure I haven't raced any other cross course in years... But I like this one :)

Can every nj race be here? Maybe I'll do more cross than

@1sh0t1b33r - good seeing you and thanks for the cheers and pics
No problem! Looking forward to the recap.;) Thanks for the tip about coming into the sand after the trailer. I railed that section every time at speed. I even passed someone there on the outside... until the grass uphill of course, lol. The sand after the stairs though, nothing I could do there but hike.

@UtahJoe How did you do? I saw some sweet pics of you on the mtb on the singletrack sections.

No problem! Looking forward to the recap.;) Thanks for the tip about coming into the sand after the trailer. I railed that section every time at speed. I even passed someone there on the outside... until the grass uphill of course, lol. The sand after the stairs though, nothing I could do there but hike.

@UtahJoe How did you do? I saw some sweet pics of you on the mtb on the singletrack sections.

I think I was 8th iirc.

This event had great photography coverage. So many pics to choose from - May need to loosen the purse strings a little and really remember the moments.

This event had great photography coverage. So many pics to choose from - May need to loosen the purse strings a little and really remember the moments.
Wish I could say the same, but I think the only pic I found of myself is from far away of the start crowd. Everyone elses pictures though...:thumbsup:

url_icon.gif
http://www.bobswiderphotography.com/f686710409
url_icon.gif
http://www.sergiogphotography.com/bubblecross_2015
url_icon.gif
http://www.dmadson.photoreflect.com
url_icon.gif
http://dmadson.photoreflect.com/store/thumbpage.aspx?e=9704198

Back
Top Bottom