Bought my first road bike for $90

martin

What do you think? Am I crazy?

Saw this guy on craigslist, drove down, took it for a one mile test ride, feel tight, shifts well.

$90 later I've got it on my bike rack....

canyon%20vertical.JPG

the company is called "canyon" and i *think* their website is www.canyon.com I don't think that this particular model is listed on the site.

It has a made in china sticker on it... the shifters are on the top of the fork...

canyon%20vertical%202.JPG

what do you think? my reasoning is if a derailer costs 60 bux for my mtn bike I might as well try this bike out... if it breaks then i throw it out :rolleyes:

What do you think? Am I crazy?

Saw this guy on craigslist, drove down, took it for a one mile test ride, feel tight, shifts well.

$90 later I've got it on my bike rack....

the company is called "canyon" and i *think* their website is www.canyon.com I don't think that this particular model is listed on the site.

It has a made in china sticker on it... the shifters are on the top of the fork...

what do you think? my reasoning is if a derailer costs 60 bux for my mtn bike I might as well try this bike out... if it breaks then i throw it out :rolleyes:

I think the company is vertical the model is canyon.
this is the parent company.
http://www.dynacraftbikes.com/brand_view.php?ID=11

i think your last statement says it all but have fun and ride it like you stole it....

Last edited:
oooo yah i just found a dynacraft sticker!

ok so it is a department store bike... still for 90 it rides well enough for me . overall i'm happy with the purchase. i don't plan to do much road riding =P

Better to spend $90 and find you hate the road instead of $1500. But if you like it, just think how many millions of times better a $1500 ride will feel.
I'm afraid you've just stepped onto a slippery slope. Get ready to wax your legs.

Better to spend $90 and find you hate the road instead of $1500. But if you like it, just think how many millions of times better a $1500 ride will feel.
I'm afraid you've just stepped onto a slippery slope. Get ready to wax your legs.

a dept. store road bike will tell you as much about road biking as a post card will tell you about the Grand Canyon. Just sayin.

But it probably rides better than knobbies on the road. It's not that bad. I've ridden worst and still enjoy cycling just as much. You can change it to a SS if it ever craps out on you.

If you don't know what you're missing you probably won't miss it, right?

Enjoy your new ride.

No one even asked how it rides or if everything is functional.

If everything is good just ride it and have fun. I've had worse and still enjoyed every one of them.

What it boils down to is this just ride it....how many TT bikes are on craigslist that some suit bought after watching the tour and never rode.

Granted you probably won't know the difference since you have not ridden a real road bike, but still, even the illegals are going to be poking fun at this bike, especially when they pass you on it.

Your only hope is to take off the kickstand immediately and only ride at night.

even the illegals are going to be poking fun at this bike, especially when they pass you on it.

:hysterica:hysterica:hysterica I just sprayed coffee on my keyboard.

Martin...just have fun with the bike. :)

even the illegals are going to be poking fun at this bike, especially when they pass you on it.

That is pretty funny. I think it's a good way to test road biking though. Give it a try and who cares what people think. But do remove the kickstand. If you discover you love road riding, you can upgrade.

This sounds like a smackdown in the making, someone race their big knobbies on their FS bike against him on this for 50mi and see who enjoys it more (or less maybe in this case).

Last edited:
damn, I was gonna see if I could get a Canyon from Germany but if you guys are gonna make fun of me about it:(

Back
Top Bottom