Boston - Where to Ride?

xc62701

I’ll be up in Boston/Caimbridge and the surrounding area in early November. Where are the must ride spots? I’m thinking within an hour or so drive. Thoughts?

I’ll be up in Boston/Caimbridge and the surrounding area in early November. Where are the must ride spots? I’m thinking within an hour or so drive. Thoughts?
I’ve heard good things about Wompatuck near Hingham from a reputable source who likes to ride rocks. That’s where they run the Landmine race .

Also check Lynn Woods Reservation. Lenosky did a Trail Boss viddie there last year with Thom from dirtwire.tv. Jeff said more tech per mile than anywhere else he’s ridden.

The fells (middlesex fells) is probably the closest if you’re in Cambridge. Lynn woods is a little further but worth the effort. My favorite spot is almost an hour southwest of Boston, Sutton state forest. There’s good riding on the cape but not convenient to get to.

Been a long time since i hung out with Boston riders but i remember Lynn Woods or a place called Vietnam being the go-tos for them.

The fells (middlesex fells) is probably the closest if you’re in Cambridge. Lynn woods is a little further but worth the effort. My favorite spot is almost an hour southwest of Boston, Sutton state forest. There’s good riding on the cape but not convenient to get to.
I started riding in the Fells back in 1987 before it was closed to MTBing.

I typically ride Fells while I'm up there. It's a fun park, but nothing too crazy at all. I've heard Lynn Woods is much better, but can't speak from experience.

If you do venture out to Fells, I would take the 10 minute drive over to Lord Hobo Brewery. Tasty stuff.

Vietnam also. Trailforks is down right now for maintenance. But I think you would enjoy that, Ryan.

Cool looks like I have some research to do. I guess I should mention that I am going up there as there may be a possibility in the future of my wife getting a job there and relocating. Sounds like the area is booming and could be interesting...or not.

Cool looks like I have some research to do. I guess I should mention that I am going up there as there may be a possibility in the future of my wife getting a job there and relocating. Sounds like the area is booming and could be interesting...or not.

I'm from Boston. I miss it terribly, but I don't miss the brutal winters...

Boston area has a lot of the same headaches as the NYC area, expensive housing and traffic, but it’s still a decent place to live. And imo a lot of the best riding in New England can be found around an hour radius of Boston. And there’s diversity like jersey, otis on the cape is like Allaire.

Back
Top Bottom