Also if no one needs the 35.0 stem bar setup I'm using it for the Scott voltage

Is there big difference in weight?
Metal vs carbon?

Sele Italia SLR Ti rails (I think)
image.jpg

Bontrager Montrose Pro

image.jpg

Oh... one more thing on the RDO
The RD hanger is loose. The bolt is in all the way but the hanger sits loose. If the wheel are on, they seem fine but without the wheel its kinda dangling.
Is this normal? I am thinking the bolt didn't go in correctly and maybe cross threaded?

Oh... one more thing on the RDO
The RD hanger is loose. The bolt is in all the way but the hanger sits loose. If the wheel are on, they seem fine but without the wheel its kinda dangling.
Is this normal? I am thinking the bolt didn't go in correctly and maybe cross threaded?

Your bike seems fishy I'd be looking at a replacement, you don't spend all that money for a new bike with new problems

Regarding the finish.... I am going to see if they will give me some discount.
The hanger... if anything it's cross threaded. Have them send me another or something.

The bolt has an unthreaded part of the shaft? and it is bottoming the threads?
sounds like the bolt was not made to specs.

Back to the get shit out of my house issue.

Of the things we discussed.

Handlebars,

Flat XC bars
One Thompson Carbon XC 730-740ish 31.8
One Bontrager xXx 720 carbon bar 31.8

Riser bars
One RaceFace 780 Aeffect 20 rise 8 sweep alloy bar 35.0

One Spank (white) 800 30 rise 8 sweep alloy

Stems 31.8
2x Salsa 80mm black
1x Thompson 70mm silver
1x Niner RDO 90mm black w/green letters
1x RaceFace Atlas 70mm black
1x Profile Designs 80mm black with a stupid amount of rise (25 degree)

Stems 35.0
1x Renthal 45mm black body with gold face clamp arms.
Interested in the profile designs stem, atlas stem, Renthal stem, and the spank or rf bars should Walter pass.

That not a painted frame. Not unusual for that carbon finish..... think of it as natural splotches in granite.
Got a reply from backcountry and they said the same and all the bikes he has with the same finish exhibit the same "blemish"
Also looked it up online and it appears to be normal for this type of finish. Damn... was hoping for some additional discounts or freebees lol

Also asked about the dangling RD hanger. I cant imagine this being normal as well tho. But then again... I am 0 for 1 so far.... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Got a reply from backcountry and they said the same and all the bikes he has with the same finish exhibit the same "blemish"
Also looked it up online and it appears to be normal for this type of finish. Damn... was hoping for some additional discounts or freebees lol

Also asked about the dangling RD hanger. I cant imagine this being normal as well tho. But then again... I am 0 for 1 so far.... :rolleyes:

My salsa carbon Beargrease was the same.... never had a single issue with it. I think it’s like a self leveling type of thing.

Back
Top Bottom