Book of Paul H

you ended up with BB30 cranks? thought you were planning to use your exisiting 24mm cranks
There is a SRAM DUB PF30 BB which was about $48
The total price of the GX Eagle DUB drivetrain including the crank was around $400 so I just pulled the trigger on that

The total price of the GX Eagle DUB drivetrain including the crank was around $400 so I just pulled the trigger on that
that's going to go well with the ENVE wheelset :D
Should we lower the over/under to 25?

Hmm, GX for the price of NX, great price
can you share where you got the deal?

that's going to go well with the ENVE wheelset :D
Should we lower the over/under to 25?
I am targeting the 3 star build as far as weight is concerned by the time I am done.
I think the 3 star build was about 22.5lbs but I am leaning towards a dropper so when I am done, I should still be south of 25lbs.
Got the GX Eagle rocking.... and the XT brakes I plan on using, I believe, is lighter than the Guide R on the 3 star.
The wheelset on the 3 star is the Stan's Arch. My wheelset is comparable but slightly heavier as it is 29mm internal.
The question is when....

Its the sram dub thingamajig.... not that it matters for installation but yeah... I guess with press fit and carbon.
Now... dropper or no dropper?
Rotors... 180 front and rear? Why do they put 160 at the rear on XC bikes? Just weight?

@fidodie @Juggernaut tell me more about your carbon XC beast. What components?

mine is AL, i never changed the crank from the 3x hologram, just ditched two of the chainrings - this will be a future upgrade. it is a 17.5 gary fisher design, so i added carbon riser bars, and 50mm stem.
can not release info on the new der/cassette as it is still vaporware - but should arrive soon. No dropper - 100mm fox 32 rlc fit, carbon hoops, dtswiss hubs
with replaceable end caps so i can move them over to the SS. 2.35x29 ardent (front) ignitor (back) - hope tech 3 v2 brakes.

I am thinking of getting a bigger workbench vise.....
I have a small one but I doubt the BB shell would fit in there :p
30411192-businessman-holding-big-hammer-isolated-in-white-background.jpg

mine is AL, i never changed the crank from the 3x hologram, just ditched two of the chainrings - this will be a future upgrade. it is a 17.5 gary fisher design, so i added carbon riser bars, and 50mm stem.
can not release info on the new der/cassette as it is still vaporware - but should arrive soon. No dropper - 100mm fox 32 rlc fit, carbon hoops, dtswiss hubs
with replaceable end caps so i can move them over to the SS. 2.35x29 ardent (front) ignitor (back) - hope tech 3 v2 brakes.
Damn... I want to be secretive too but my big mouth just don't have what it takes.
Besides.... I want to show this off as much as I can so that my nights sleeping in the garage will be worth it.

Damn... I want to be secretive too but my big mouth just don't have what it takes.
Besides.... I want to show this off as much as I can so that my nights sleeping in the garage will be worth it.

Who you kidding, you’ll be fucking around on this site during the long nights of your garage banishment. Sleep he says.... pffft. ;)

what's your weight target?

what's your weight target?

don't really have one - i'm not going all-out on the spend. mostly stuff i have around.
xtr race pedals, carbon here and there - new saddle, has a little bit of padding, not much.
will see where it lands. while i will "race" it (meaning participate in a race) - i'm not getting too crazy....

I am targeting the 3 star build as far as weight is concerned by the time I am done.
I think the 3 star build was about 22.5lbs but I am leaning towards a dropper so when I am done, I should still be south of 25lbs.
Got the GX Eagle rocking.... and the XT brakes I plan on using, I believe, is lighter than the Guide R on the 3 star.
The wheelset on the 3 star is the Stan's Arch. My wheelset is comparable but slightly heavier as it is 29mm internal.
The question is when....
The ROS9 here came in at 28.5 lbs
https://www.bikeradar.com/us/mtb/ge...ain-bike/product/review-niner-ros-9-15-48778/

Trying to get the bike close to 26 as a SS

Back
Top Bottom