Book of Paul H

Didn't go to Cunningham Park but I did pick up a crank... need a BB
Now the question is... throw this on the Superlight or the Talon?
96740_444681.jpg

Are you married to the 27.5 idea on Superlight? 26 ain't so bad and the market is so bad on them you can get some good deals on forks and wheels. I have an XT front wheel just sitting around for 4years.
gotta agree with Jimmy, and won't you need the wheels back on the Talon eventually? I've never noticed a real difference between 27.5 and big volume 26rs, especially 2.1s on the 27.5. I recently got a set of 26" XTR wheels for $75, but good forks are going to hard to find on a budget. good luck on your build, it looks like you got quite a deal

gotta agree with Jimmy, and won't you need the wheels back on the Talon eventually? I've never noticed a real difference between 27.5 and big volume 26rs, especially 2.1s on the 27.5. I recently got a set of 26" XTR wheels for $75, but good forks are going to hard to find on a budget. good luck on your build, it looks like you got quite a deal
Truth be told... I've never ridden a real 26er. The walgoose is a 26er but thats not a real bike so I really don't know the difference. And its not fair but because of the walgoose, I sort of have a predujice against the 26er. Plus, aesthetically, I am not too keen on the looks of the 26er. I have been looking around for a fork and the 26 fork is alot cheaper when compared to the 650b but because of my unsubstantiated prejudice, I think I would regret building this to a 26. I also wanted the parts to be interchangable as much as possible between the superlight and the talon in case something happens to the frame.

whatever fork you end up with make sure you have sufficient crown clearance needless to say, the tolerances you are running on the rear could be dangerous in the front. can you send a pic of the shim job you did to restrict the rear shock from banging into the rear wheel?

Here is the shock opened with the O-ring pulled down
1231151925.jpg

With washers and a spacer
1231151945.jpg

Fully compressed with 650b wheel
1231152009.jpg

And what are these holes for? Should they be plugged up?
1231152037.jpg

Put a couple of cage bolts in even if you don't put a cage there just to keep all the crap from getting into the frame and accumulating in the bottom bracket area.

32 degrees this morning according to the weather channel.

516vTweeuAL._AC_UL320_SR252,320_.jpg

Good stuff. Thanks @soundz for the recommendation.
Slapped the thing on on the bottom of the feet as per the directions but I think it would have been better on top. There was a point where it got a bit cold but nothing to complain about.

0102160945.jpg

Bar mitts were awesome! Shame this particular bar mitts don't fit on the Defy.

On the ride back home, it is mostly a downhill where I can reach up to 35mph, I was cold everywhere else except for my hands and feet.

Been paying too much attention to the Superlight. I think the Talon needs some TLC as the gears were jumping a bit. RD needs to be indexed.

Back
Top Bottom