Blue Mt Peekskill advice

gregw

I have been wanting to get up to Blue Mt for a ride and was wondering what the park is like as far as trail signage. Is it easy enough to navigate? Are the trails marked or is it fairly easy to get lost?

Also, it sounds like the outer loop runs best counter clockwise. Any advice for the middle trails? Do they run well in both directions?

Thanks in advance!

I have been wanting to get up to Blue Mt for a ride and was wondering what the park is like as far as trail signage. Is it easy enough to navigate? Are the trails marked or is it fairly easy to get lost?

Also, it sounds like the outer loop runs best counter clockwise. Any advice for the middle trails? Do they run well in both directions?

Thanks in advance!

Yes, outer loop (Monster) is best done counter clockwise. But I don't really mind doing it clockwise either. Middle stuff can get confusing if you try to compare it to the map. Other than upper sis, sis, and stinger which are all good and easiest to find. Middle trails run good both directions.

There's not much trail markings there anymore, but you'll have fun which ever way you go. Just follow a fireroad, when you see a single track, hit it. All the single tracks there are fun and there's plenty of them.

I won't say you can't get lost there, but it's easy enough to get back to the lot. Just head in a Westery direction and you'll eventually run into a lot or a road.

Last edited:
You could probably throw out a request for a tour and get someone on here to show you around - I've been a few times, but don't think I could serve as a guide yet! I would love to ride there again and soon - it's awesome all year, but I love it in the fall.

Trail signage is infrequent at best.

As someone stated previously, if you see some singletrack, take it, you can't go wrong.

Thanks everyone. Sounds like it wouldn't be too tough to figure it out.

When I finally nail down a date to get up there maybe I'll throw something out to the crowd and see if anyone bites.

I do not believe so, and is probably why the deer will walk right up to you. There is a nearby skeet range, if you hear shots.

Went to Blue with few friends today, what a awesome time. You cant go wrong with "Monster" (did it counter clockwise today) plus "Upper Sis" and "Sis" and some other stuff. We were trying to find "My favorite trail" but had some problems with that, oh well maybe next time. Bottom line _ single tracks at Blue are superb, especially on the great fall day like today.

Last edited:
There is a map of Blue trails on wmba.org and its fairly accurate. The WMBA guys recently re-did most of the trail marker blazes where the posts were missing - its white lettering on trees or rocks now - which makes navigating easier. Its one of the few places I don't mind riding alone for that reason.

finally made it

This is a great place to ride. Made it a few weeks ago with a few people and we rode most of the single track in the middle which was all good. Didn't get to hit Monster or My Favorite Trail but I guess that leaves me something for next trip. It was pretty easy to get around with the map from the wmba website. Really cool boulder rollers and rock moves all over the place. Highly recommend Blue!

FYI - There's a new trail that was completed this weekend. Its not on the map but starts at the end of MFT directly across the fireroad and winds its way all the way to the parking lot off Washington and Montrose Station Road. Blue just gets better and better :D

FYI - There's a new trail that was completed this weekend. Its not on the map but starts at the end of MFT directly across the fireroad and winds its way all the way to the parking lot off Washington and Montrose Station Road. Blue just gets better and better :D

say what!!??! :getsome::getsome:

Back
Top Bottom