Blue Marsh in the rain....

Davesnhere

Once again I have to pass along a Thanks to Kurt for hooking me up with my new favorite spot, Blue Marsh Pa....Started the ride at 7am dry, by 8 it was coming down in buckets! Was it worth the soaking, sweating, bleeding, bruising? HELL YEAH! Another EPIC Ride!

Just wanted to pass along some major advice...if you plan on doing the entire loop, bring extra (and I mean EXTRA) Water, and food....our first ride we ran out of water with 8 miles to go (of course most of that was up hill), also my sugar (I am diabetic), got dangerously low cause we didn't plan on getting lost and going an extra 14 miles....Ride number 2 was much better (but harder cause of the rain), but at least we had enough food/water! I truly love this place as it has a little bit of everything you would want as far as MTB'ing goes, and is a total blast to ride!

I was out there on Sunday, too! I arrived a little after 9 and waited out the really heavy downpour. Ended up doing about 40 miles (full loop plus the horse loop between the 12 and 13 mile marker plus an out and back 3 miles from the Visitor's Center.) I love Blue Marsh -- but it can be a PIA in the rain. The fast section of singletrack along 183 turns to mush when it gets wet.

OK, I got to ride it CW Last Sunday...seemed a bit faster! First go round without a crash! Met a lot of nice people both on Horseback, and on MTB's....

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions