Black Bear Cycling Presents: 2015 Bear Scat 50 Endurance Mountain Bike Race: June 7, 2015

onetracker

Black Bear Cycling Presents: 2015 Bear Scat 50 Endurance Mountain Bike Race: 5th Anniversary

I would like to plug the only 50 Mile Endurance Race in NJ; the 2015 Bear Scat 50! The race is scheduled for June 7, 2015. The race is filling up fast so do not wait until the last minute. Also, you should allow some time for mental torture between now and race day. Those moments when you wake at night and ask yourself: “what exactly what have I gotten myself into!?” The 2015 Bear Scat 50 is also a stop on the MASS (Mid Atlantic Super Series) Endurance Racing Calendar. Some of the fastest racers in the Mid-Atlantic region will be on hand to ensure a competitive field.

Race Sponsors:

· Sussex Bike & Sport

· Adidas Eyewear

· Princeton Tec

· Sock Guy

· Twin Six

· Judy's Homemade Ice Cream

Fun Activities:

· Event Socks

· Free Camping!!!

· Post Race BBQ

· Live Punk/Bluegrass/Alt Rock Music: Billy (http://www.billyband.com/billy_site/home.html).

· Awards Ceremony

· Raffle

· Swag Toss

· Finisher Award (very cool!!)

· Premium Ice Cream (for sale)

Race date: June 7, 2015

Location: Wawayanda State Park, 885 Warwick Turnpike, Hewitt, NJ 07421, NJ

Field Limit: 300 racers

Classes (4 total): Open Men, Men 45+, Open Women, Singlespeed Open

Race Start time: 9am

Come on out and join the fun! Bike Reg: https://www.bikereg.com/bearscat-50-mass-endurance-event

Free campsites on us with fire ring, picnic table and pit toilet near furnace. Primitive camping as they say!

Also, you can only get these limited edition socks by lining up at the BS50 start line...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 216
I had signed up for this and have been unable to train as a result of coaching golf at my high school. Optimistically, I had hoped this would motivate me to ride throughout the golf season. This being my first year as golf coach, I didn't realize how unrealistic this actually was. Work, family, and golf left me riding once a week. Cheap ticket available. Half price. Or trade for a single speed chain ring bolt and some old shimano spd pedals.

I just checked the course and the new prologue looks like an awesome addition to spread that start out a bit. Thanks!!

Stock up on tick repelent. Found 3 of the buggers on me during today's ride at Waywayanda.

You can get 2013 map from their website. That's what I used yesterday. Apparently this year course will be almost identical, but don't quote me on that.

So the question is: Are you tough enough to EARN one of these? Only one way to find out...reg up for the 2015 BS50!
image.jpg

Back
Top Bottom