Black Bear Cycling - H2H Spring Cleaning Race Thread

It was windy, raining, and 42F at the 10:15 Cat1 start. No pictures, i was too cold.

at 10:30ish, they opened the 15 minute protest period for cat3. About 8 people milling around of the 30 racers or so. @MissJR corrected the
situation immediately, "There are no protests." So it was adjusted to 15 seconds. For that, and racing hard in these conditions, she gets....

IMG_4430.JPG

Dang, forgot to find @ekuhn today.

Nice job being organized, with an easily followed course. Will be back next year, I hope.

Last edited:
It was windy, raining, and 42F at the 10:15 Cat1 start. No pictures, i was too cold.

at 10:30ish, they opened the 15 minute protest period for cat3. About 8 people milling around of the 30 racers or so. @MissJR corrected the
situation immediately, "There are no protests." So it was adjusted to 15 seconds. For that, and racing hard in these conditions, she gets....

View attachment 34920

Nice job being organized, with an easily followed course. Will be back next year, I hope.

Cold wet and rainy. Thought some might have been confused and thought it was a cross race. Fun never the less.

I was there @fidodie Post race shot by Tom of JORBA.

image.jpeg

Big shout out to Shane for finding my Garmin!

I took some Cat 1 pics heading into the gate. I was frozen and didn't stick around much longer. Sorry if they aren't the best photos.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    75.8 KB · Views: 76
Good times... Good lord that had to be by far the coldest h2h race I have ever done... Probably the only one I have ever wore long sleeves for in 8 years. I thought the black bear guys did a great with the marking and having people at the tricky intersections... I had no issues. Great food from ruby rose. Thanks for all of the hard work bill Jeff and black bear.

My only issue was the weather induced chip timing foul ups and my time being wrong... But wasn't to hard figure where I placed :)

Black Bear and waway never disappoint. The weather was not an issue for me when racing, post race I was cold. Thats a fun course to race, I wish I lived closer to ride there more. Thanks again Black Bear for hosting and making the best of it on a cold rainy day in May.

Cold wet and rainy. Thought some might have been confused and thought it was a cross race. Fun never the less.

I was there @fidodie Post race shot by Tom of JORBA.

View attachment 34928

Big shout out to Shane for finding my Garmin!

I took some Cat 1 pics heading into the gate. I was frozen and didn't stick around much longer. Sorry if they aren't the best photos.

View attachment 34922 View attachment 34923 View attachment 34924 View attachment 34925 View attachment 34926

I was standing across the road near the timing truck when cat 1 came through. bright yellow paramount shirt. i'll do better looking through the pre-reg list.

in - gotta leave house at 6:30....
if its pouring out, i'll consider it a donation...
I chalked this one up as donation. The way I figure, I spent 4 hrs of TM on my local park yesterday to re-route rain-damaged, chronically wet, tire-mud-rutted trails and felt it would be me calling the kettle black if I were to ride another park in sloppy conditions. That being said, I am not criticizing anyone who raced today, I realize it's a no-refund rain or shine event and we can't always predict the weather. Too bad, because I love riding and racing at Wawayanda. Kudos to those who raced and endured the conditions.

Loved the course today...had a blast riding it. Before the race was awful, I didn't even bother doing a proper warmup--kinda used prologue for that. You never know what you're gonna get there early May, one year I almost roasted at 95deg and this year over 50deg colder...always keep you guessing. Thanks to Bill and Jeff and the Black Bear team for putting this on...oh and also all of the sweet swag!

Great event by Black Bear Cycle, and a great clean up afterwards!
I hiked the staging area and some trails the day after and you'd never know so many people were here the day before. Great job.

Bitch Please...she got this

View attachment 34920

and check out the Old Coal trail mess on their Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/Black-Bear-Cycling-191769640859522/

This must really get old for the black bear folks, the first time they built it was a few years ago and the bridge in that section was as good or better than the work on double pond to get around(above) the slop. It had nice rock work as well, that was trashed by quads or jeeps. I think they have repaired it every year for the bearscat and it has been trashed every year since. The repair work has never been as nice as the original work, which makes sense given that they know it will get wrecked again shortly after the race so there is no reason to put that level of effort in to just see it trashed again. I always like this bridge as it opened up access to the back side trails from a different point in the ride for those coming from the ranger station/boathouse part of the park as opposed from turkey ridge or going up split rock.

Back
Top Bottom