Biggest loser

I know Monday's weigh in isn't always the greatest for me. I find that it's the highest after a weekend of food. And by Friday I get back down - but I've been hovering at the same weight each Friday. I've been struggling with fueling for activity and not over doing it. Still eating whole foods/nothing processed during the week. I'm battling the thoughts of I want to lose that 5 pounds I gained - and I'm also the strongest I've ever been...
I’d agree here the last few weeks I was still 4-5 lbs more than I wanted to be yet I felt so much stronger on the big rides I did end of Feb and beginning of March it took a few more weeks even to just lose 1-2 lbs.

I stopped focusing on the weight every week and just keep managing my food plans for my workouts and any big rides (ie carb loading and hydration) and it seems to be working so far but I know everyone’s different.

One thing I always keep in mind is “maintaining is not gaining” and that’s also a win.

I've been in a bad rut this winter and just trying to get by. Nothing has been incredibly bad but family, work, and grad school has complicated things and there's been too much beer and food. Time to get back to the better habits now that the warmer weather is starting to creep in. Plus I'm going to Sedona next month and I want to be in better shape to enjoy everything I can. No time like the present to get started again eh?

Trying to keep it budget friendly and going with the wife, so no and no. :D

Probably do plenty of hiking though. Hopefully won't come back with too much extra mass.

E2M R14W4D1

Activity levels remain high. Was good with eating until the weekend. Beer, bourbon, burger/FF and cake. Oops.

Weight
01/02/22 Starting weight = 235.4
03/18/24 previous weight = 196.2
03/25/24 current weight = 198.2
Diff: up 2 for the week, total lost = 37.2
E2M R14W5D2

Plenty of activity last week, but too much snack machine stress eating between good eating. Went to Cape May for the weekend and had some really good meals. My 1st race of the season is this Saturday, MASS Radsport XC. Will be my first time racing here and doing it in Cat1 SS.

Weight
01/02/22 Starting weight = 235.4
03/25/24 previous weight = 198.2
04/02/24 current weight = 200.2
Diff: up 2 for the week, total lost = 35.2

I have traveled to 30 States in the last two months - ate maybe seven meals at home and tons of fire drills - both in my personal and work life. I feel like turd but have seen enough to hopefully get me motivated. This is the last time I am trying this - after this I am calling Tom Kruse at the Scooter Store to buy a Hoverround and throwing my cloths out for mumu’s.

Monday start - 227lbs

Doctors appointment in 7/15 - I would like to be 195 when I get there.

Here is a picture of a random guy from Canada I met in Utah.

Subject.png

Down 3 lbs from last Monday but there was no big Easter bump this week. I'll probably still diet for the next week or 2 but I'm already leaner now then I was when I started the bulk on Oct 1. Really cant wait to get a few lbs of water weight back to refill my glycogen stores, I looked so much better after the influx of extra Easter carbs. Only 3 weeks from yesterday until the kids and I have our first spartan of the year at creek hopefully the weather is better than last year the kids and I were freezing in the cold and rain.

Last edited:
Week one - down 3lbs. It could have been way better but Friday a work lunch brought on wings and beers followed by a few beers yesterday post ride - so I may be holding some water.

I tried to keep meals out to Salads and pack food where I can.

It felt really good to be back in a bicycle!

At 40 - I am finding that sleep is a huge factor in success with this compared to the last time I did this at 35.

IMG_1589.jpeg
IMG_1585.jpeg
IMG_1583.jpeg
IMG_1579.jpeg
IMG_1574.jpeg

Quick update. Since my surgery I've been walking more than I ever have in my life, averaging around 14k steps/day. Extra ~500 or so calories burned daily doesn't hurt the weight loss thing. Sorry for anyone that follows me on Strava.

1000003650.png

Also got back on the trainer 3 weeks ago, started with 30 minute sessions, 3x/week now up to 40 minute sessions, 4x a week. Probably going to join TrainerRoad again next week and jump on a training plan for nothing but my own personal fitness reasons with no races planned for 2024. Still not going into the real world for another month or two and no mountain biking until the summer. But on the bright side, the scale is certainly reflecting the work I'm putting in with my diet and light exercise.

1000003652.png

We also started subscribing to Factor which, while the food isn't remarkable, does serve as a good reminder of what normal portion sizes should look like. I feel plenty full at the end of the day eating 500-600 calorie meals and healthy snacking instead of 850-1000 calorie dinners.

Heading out on vacation for week in Sedona, wish me luck. :)
Did a bunch of hiking and made a few meals at the Airbnb, so limited the gain to less than a pound. Winning.

Here is a shot of my last year:

Screenshot_20240408-085319.png

I think the first 6 months (more than 2 years ago!) of religiously logging everything I ate and all exercise was the key, along with weighing in at least once a week (now do it 2x Monday + Thurs. morning). It really trained me to judge portion sizes and what hungry really feels like. Haven't logged anything in over a year. That 1st 6 months was when I lost over 25 lbs which is about where I'm at now.

Last edited:
Uto must be a bad week its Monday afternoon and there have been no check ins lol. I'm down .06 for the week. Still have no reason to go lower but doing it anyway Lol. Been a heck of a week for body weight exercise PRs really taking advantage of the new strength to weight ratio. Hit a PR of 20 strict body weight pull ups as well as 24 deep body weight dips. I also got my first strict muscle up yesterday.

The last two weeks haven't been great for me - I was on spring break visiting Dad, who likes to eat/try new thing (he tried tempura and PR food). Then we were up in VT with family for the eclipse. Found myself snacking way too much. I tried to ride when I could and fit in CrossFit. I managed to get back to pre-spring break weight but...I've been hovering at the same weight, up on the weekend and rebounding for Friday. This time last year I was at my goal weight, 5 pounds less than where I am now. I am not making excuses.

Back
Top Bottom