Biggest loser

212 this morning. :thumbsup: The cardio is slowly coming back. I have been hitting the weights hard. This is the strongest I’ve felt in a long time. I credit my 14 year old son. He’s been my inspiration. With that said, I’ve got way too much belly fat and plenty more weight to lose.

I’m thinking of doing another cleanse. If anything, it will help reset my eating patterns. Have any of you tried a cleanse and if so, what was your experience?
Below is my experience from years back. For a good laugh (and maybe some insight), make sure to read each chapter in order. 😁

My Cleanse Adventure

I didn't daily it, but I initiated my thread with an isagenix cleanse. Great for breaking the sweets habit.

Last edited:
165.8 down 1.9 from last week and 10.7 over 5 weeks. Still averaging around 2k calories a day was dealing with some elbow tendon irritation so skipped the lifting for the past 5 days. Going to try to start up today again with lower weight and higher reps. Wanted to go for a hike today but this wind is nuts hopefully able to get out tomorrow. Gotta get out on my FS soon need to order a few parts first

Like @Robin I too will be starting another round of E2M. This will be Round 14 for me. I've been following the meal plan, but extra snacking/stress eating over the last 2 months has been sabotaging any weight loss. Weekends have also been unkind, like this recent weekend. Weighed in this morning at 203. Last post, I was 196 back on 1/22. Pleasantly surprised that it wasn't higher. Will get things moving in the right direction this week with proper eating and activity. MTB endurance racing season is coming up quick, so dropping 15-20lbs should be doable.
Monday morning check in. Did really well with I.F. last week. Stuck to the meal plan with no snacking, worked out M-F. Took Sat off to go car shopping and Sun was house stuff, but did do some firewood splitting. Had a cheat meal of a couple IPAs with a burger and FF on Saturday afternoon. Back at it again this week.

Weight
01/02/22 Starting weight = 235.4
03/04/24 previous weight = 203
03/11/24 current weight = 197.4
Diff: down 5.6 for the week, total lost = 38

Looked in the mirror this morning and was happy with what I saw. 👀 That was until I got down to my belly. 😆 I’m enjoying the weight training but …Ugh, gotta cut out the beer consumption. 🫤

I was up a pound today at 213. Eating pattern needs to change. Struggling to get out of my own head. Warm weather and more time outdoors will definitely help.

Looked in the mirror this morning and was happy with what I saw. 👀 That was until I got down to my belly. 😆 I’m enjoying the weight training but …Ugh, gotta cut out the beer consumption. 🫤

I was up a pound today at 213. Eating pattern needs to change. Struggling to get out of my own head. Warm weather and more time outdoors will definitely help.
Sounds familiar. When I'm not watching what goes in, like beer and bad food choices, it all collects between my sternum and belt line. Then I feel like I look like this guy.
1710165350826.png

week 6 of the cut is over this weeks deficit was 4940 calories. This weeks results were 0 change from last week... I spent almost the whole week 1.5 to 2.5 lbs above today's weight and dropped back down today to the weight I ended at last week. The scale doesn't always match the efforts you are putting in and can be super frustrating just keep pushing forward.

Last edited:
Monday morning check in. Did really well with I.F. last week. Stuck to the meal plan with no snacking, worked out M-F. Took Sat off to go car shopping and Sun was house stuff, but did do some firewood splitting. Had a cheat meal of a couple IPAs with a burger and FF on Saturday afternoon. Back at it again this week.

Weight
03/04/24 previous weight = 203
03/11/24 current weight = 197.4
Diff: down 5.6 for the week, total lost = 38
Weekly check in. Activity was consistent. Added a few lunch walks with the nice weather. Had a cheat meal on Thurs night. Went to a steak house that advertised they were doing a St. Patrick's inspired menu. Got to the place and it was last years ad, the special menu was only on St. Patrick's Day. Really wanted some Shepherd's Pie, had an awesome filet instead. Saturday, 2 others and myself rode from SJ to Belmont in Philly. On the return trip made a stop at the Philly Bike Expo. Logged a 40mi day. Sunday was a rest day by doing some yard work.

Weight
03/11/24 previous weight = 197.4
03/18/24 current weight = 196.2
Diff: down 1.2 for the week, total lost = 39.2

Carb cycling is part of the E2M plan and consumed more last week than the previous week, resulting in a smaller drop. Still on the right path.

- Drop 5lbs by end of January.
- drop 10lbs by mid March
- Ride/Row/Walk or other exercise at least 7 hours a week (so one hour a day avg).
- mix in more off the bike exercise at least 2x per week (Bodyweight sets, rower, etc…
- get back on the MTB at least once a month post injury
so i vaguely recalled I wrote some goals here for the short term and I just went back to them to see what did I actually come up with. I remember @Norm had some kind of goals thing in his blog and it seemed like a good idea to try and establish something solid. Of course then life and other things get in the way so here's where I am at:

- Drop 5lbs by end of January.
✔️Done actually accomplished this sometime end of January due to all the indoor training i did that month

- drop 10lbs by mid March -
Not sure on this one, I have not been on the scale the last week or so but last time I was at about minus 8-ish lbs and holding steady. Will weigh in tmw morning.

- Ride/Row/Walk or other exercise at least 7 hours a week (so one hour a day avg).
✔️I have been on the rower at least 1x a week since 1st week Feb and tested myself to try my fastest 5000m row at the end of Feb so I will call that a win (felt that for at least a few days afterwards - ouch.
I also committed to walking the dog an extra few blocks to make it a full mile or more when time and the weather allows.
I dont know if this all added up to 7 hours but my activity time is increasing.

- mix in more off the bike exercise at least 2x per week (Bodyweight sets, rower, etc…)
yeah this didnt go so well I did maybe 1-2 bodyweight things the last months but need to fit in some more simple sessions like this

- get back on the MTB at least once a month post injury
✔️nervously went back to SSP for the MTBNJ ride on Feb 11th and felt pretty good considering I had not ridden since Oct 29th. of course all the good people around helped.

I'd say my real unit of measure has been how I feel on/off the bike after a few weeks of challenging rides (3 100K plus distance rides in the last 4 weeks) and the answer is I am feeling pretty good. Not destroyed after some hills and even feeling like I have some more in the tank when I am done.

Ive got some life/family stuff coming up that means I will be indoors or limited rides for a few weeks but hoping to keep it going and at least maintain.

since people are chiming in/updating...

I had a good week last week with controlling my meals/eating and being active. CrossFit Monday then 3 days of riding my MTB! Got in an extra WOD at school then the last CrossFit open 24.3 on Friday. I was down a few pounds!

Saturday I put in some decent time on the trails and rewarded myself with Tranquility Farms ice cream. Yesterday we had corned beef and the sides. I didn't weight myself this morning.

Back from vacation weigh-in

Had a little activity last week, but the 3 weeks of vacation induced gluttony packed-on a bit of uncomfortable weight.
+5.5 this morning, and i'm surprised it was only that - guess those rides on the single speed are both faster and more calorie intensive :D

Going to do more paddling this summer - really enjoyed it down in Fla.

since people are chiming in/updating...

I had a good week last week with controlling my meals/eating and being active. CrossFit Monday then 3 days of riding my MTB! Got in an extra WOD at school then the last CrossFit open 24.3 on Friday. I was down a few pounds!

Saturday I put in some decent time on the trails and rewarded myself with Tranquility Farms ice cream. Yesterday we had corned beef and the sides. I didn't weight myself this morning.
Nice have you done all three of the open workouts? I don't do croassfit but I'm cross curious 🤣 and I've been doing parts of thw workouts just for fun. Today I was doing thrusters from 24.3. There ice cream is good my kids love the zonkie lol

Weekly check in. Activity was consistent. Added a few lunch walks with the nice weather. Had a cheat meal on Thurs night. Went to a steak house that advertised they were doing a St. Patrick's inspired menu. Got to the place and it was last years ad, the special menu was only on St. Patrick's Day. Really wanted some Shepherd's Pie, had an awesome filet instead. Saturday, 2 others and myself rode from SJ to Belmont in Philly. On the return trip made a stop at the Philly Bike Expo. Logged a 40mi day. Sunday was a rest day by doing some yard work.

Weight
03/11/24 previous weight = 197.4
03/18/24 current weight = 196.2
Diff: down 1.2 for the week, total lost = 39.2

Carb cycling is part of the E2M plan and consumed more last week than the previous week, resulting in a smaller drop. Still on the right path.
E2M R14W4D1

Activity levels remain high. Was good with eating until the weekend. Beer, bourbon, burger/FF and cake. Oops.

Weight
03/18/24 previous weight = 196.2
03/25/24 current weight = 198.2
Diff: up 2 for the week, total lost = 37.2

I know Monday's weigh in isn't always the greatest for me. I find that it's the highest after a weekend of food. And by Friday I get back down - but I've been hovering at the same weight each Friday. I've been struggling with fueling for activity and not over doing it. Still eating whole foods/nothing processed during the week. I'm battling the thoughts of I want to lose that 5 pounds I gained - and I'm also the strongest I've ever been...

I know Monday's weigh in isn't always the greatest for me. I find that it's the highest after a weekend of food. And by Friday I get back down - but I've been hovering at the same weight each Friday. I've been struggling with fueling for activity and not over doing it. Still eating whole foods/nothing processed during the week. I'm battling the thoughts of I want to lose that 5 pounds I gained - and I'm also the strongest I've ever been...
That struggle is very real its hard to hold back on wanting to do more knowing you need more fuel to aid in recovery and avoid Injury. You will keep most of the strength so don't worry too much about that part. depending on the lift some of it isn't that you have more muscle its more overall mass makes you more stable and able to perform the lift with a heavier weight.

Back
Top Bottom