Biggest loser

Last three days:
Wed-20 miles on trainer
Thursday- 17 miles and 2k on rower
Today - 19 miles on trainer and 3 miles of xc skiing

Weighed in at 213 today, so going the right way. Until I hit 209 I’m not considering it an achievement.

Fridays are tough for me. I’m usually home and my wife’s at work. I have at least 10 restaurants in a one block radius of my apartment. Usually I get a few slices or halal cart but resisted today.

7B6C6D9D-E9A1-4EF9-8B55-6601756763C8.jpeg

Out of competition, just a special mention to myself...I'm back seriously sticking to my chickpeas and alternate fasting diet, I'm back at 200lbs (from 203lbs during the holidays, my lowest within recent years was 198lbs). Need to keep that cholesterol down, hopefully BP will follow, goal is to get off the meds.

I uh, pulled my back pretty bad yesterday at work. I didn't think it was that bad until I needed to roll off the bed onto the floor to get up this morning. Luckily Dr Mike squeezed me in at Lunchtime to assess the damage. I'll be off the bike for a few days and have a list of stretches to do over the weekend. He also gave me Tumeric to make the swelling go down. Also luckily, I was able to swap my bonus day off for next weekend so I can just move my bikepacking trip. Also also, luckily, my Wife made a new brand of Veggie burgers for dinner and they were horrible so my calorie intake is down for the day 🤣

Lunch. Chik'N Nuggets!!

20220107_141754.jpg

Decent week to start the year!

Wins
Food portions and snacking under control
Zero alcoholic bevs
Near zero sugar treats - ignoring the cookies and the snack bars - replaced with carrots or a pretzel stick.

Misses
No real workouts - got in some "on my feet" days, but nothing to get the HR up

Results
Down 5+ lbs -
Some improvement in the reflux department
Sleeping better - except when the cat wakes me up - got thrown outside last night. He sleeps with the hibernating bikes.
I've also been on the couch since the W1f3 hasn't been able to navigate the stairs until last night.

1641644817206.png

Cause pictures are more better.

1641644788938.png

Humorous?

Thinking about food results in a serious Pavlovian response.
Gotta be the same conditioning as hitting happy hour and wanting a beer? (might be a reach?)
This intrigues me, cause "me"
Is breaking this conditioning a key to less snacking, and less imbibing?

A google search turns-up a bunch of articles on smoking cessation.
This one does a nice job of framing the problem and a solution - talks about ways to replace the physical addiction too.
So I got a couple things going - If I thought about food, I then sought-out food. I'm going to attempt to disconnect
that by thinking about making a meal for dinner the next day - which also means a healthier meal then too.
It becomes a mental exercise rather than physical sating.

Perhaps a reward system? I've just lost that good habit of getting in some sort of exercise.
Even if it does produce endorphins.

The hardest parts of most tasks is starting them. The second hardest part is finishing.

12/31 200.1 😔
1/8 191.6

Tracking food intake in app and I have been very disciplend with no cheats so far. high protein low carbs and have only felt hungry between meals twice so far. Lots of Meat especially venison which has almost no fat content , veggies, eggs and fruits. Water weight is all gone at this point along with some fat and clothes fit better already. I'm Expecting the needle to move much slower going forward but that's OK. Also increased goal from 15-20 lbs to 25 lbs.

Last edited:
Started at 197 on the 1st, 196 today. All things considered, I'm OK with that. At least it didn't go up. I'm going to try some soft pedaling in the cellar later to see if I can bring my heart rate up a little without the coughing. I'm not ready for real efforts yet, especially in the cold air so I'm working my way up until I kick this thing. I gave myself until May 1 to hit my goals so there's still plenty of time once I get over this illness. I just might have to really ramp things up later in the game.

Starting Weight: 200.2 lbs, Goal Weight: 175 lbs Current Weight: 196.4 lbs (-3.8 lbs)

weigh1.PNG

Also going to move my check ins (now with more graphics!) to Saturday, makes sense with the perfect line up with weeks/days of 2021. Another overly impressive weigh in, feeling far less bloated now so I'm guessing it'll slow a bit but it puts the numbers at 12 weeks, 21.4 lbs to lose (1.78 lbs/week). Diet has been fantastic since the 1/1. A in that regard. Probably can get the protein a bit up to get the A+

cal.PNG

And workouts, going very well as well.

tp.PNG

Started at 197 on the 1st, 196 today. All things considered, I'm OK with that. At least it didn't go up. I'm going to try some soft pedaling in the cellar later to see if I can bring my heart rate up a little without the coughing. I'm not ready for real efforts yet, especially in the cold air so I'm working my way up until I kick this thing. I gave myself until May 1 to hit my goals so there's still plenty of time once I get over this illness. I just might have to really ramp things up later in the game.
Good! Love reading this.

@Patrick how long have you been hovering over 200lbs? How tall are you that you want to get down to 170ish?

replied here - not sure why the unfurl is wrong.

@cassinonorth @Patrick

You're killing me with the cool charts, graphs and pics. Part of me wants to gain the weight back so I can start over!

I started early on Dec. 7th. @ 175. Today I was 165.8 Although I did cheat and eat a bag of chips and pizza.

I don't have many "when I was fit" pics but Pat inspired me to dig this out. I was 149lbs. My current target is 160 but I wouldnt mind 155.

1641656752827.png

@cassinonorth @Patrick

You're killing me with the cool charts, graphs and pics. Part of me wants to gain the weight back so I can start over!

I started early on Dec. 7th. @ 175. Today I was 165.8 Although I did cheat and eat a bag of chips and pizza.

I don't have many "when I was fit" pics but Pat inspired me to dig this out. I was 149lbs. My current target is 160 but I wouldnt mind 155.

View attachment 175546

Nice job on the -10lb month!!!

When/where was this pic from?

My graph is just my scale and an app talking.

Starting: 192.7
Current: 184.5
-8.2 lbs / -4.25%

My diet has been great. Eat when I'm hungry. Eat as much as I want, as long as it's some mixture of vegetables, fruits, grains, beans, nuts, etc.

Haven't done much exercising, only a few TrainerRoad workouts. I've been fighting some kind of sinus infection along with my 3 year old and every time I exert myself it seems to get worse and I end up with twice as many yellow snots. I feel like it's finally getting better. Omicron? Maybe, who knows. Got my son swabbed on Thursday but no results yet.

Way better progress with the numbers than I'd expected so far, guess my diet has been real shit before this. Hopefully as I ramp up exercising the pounds will continue to drop. Not giving into temptation with my diet is really tough right now, but that usually gets a lot easier with time if I hold out long enough.

Back
Top Bottom