Biggest crash in stock market history?

As @mfennell noted above, immigration is the growth solution to the dwindling population and a national debt. As long as they pay more in taxes/benefits than they take it removes the overall burden. And as he noted there's plenty of illegal aliens uses fake SS #s that actually pay taxes and into SS without a payback. So while I'd prefer we didn't spend like crazy, immigration actually helps there.

@mfennell You can be both an illegal alien and an asylum seeker. Basically due to the way asylum works nearly all of the people crossing the boarder now claim asylum, correct or not. Many will then will not show up for the court dates and disappear. Even if the asylum status would be correct it's not very easy to actually prove you should be an asylum seeker unless you have things like physical scars from torture.
Not only illegal aliens, around 2 million employment based visa holders, mostly from Asia, who have been living here legally and paying taxes since decades but still waiting for their green cards due to backlog. The estimated wait time for them is 50-100 years, which is a joke and they will die waiting. The asylum seekers and others get priority over them, such is the broken immigration system.

Last edited:
I agree with you and am on the side of the Ukrainian people. NATO needs to supply them and Russia does need to be stopped, but this has escalated substantially since Joe took power.
Russia stopped thinking of West and NATO as a Strong Alliance, and previous administration did a lot to make Putin believe in that.

There is a lot of other reasons that Putin decided he could invade a hostile country with 127,00 troops while he needed 900,000, but that is a topic for other forums

Russia stopped thinking of West and NATO as a Strong Alliance, and previous administration did a lot to make Putin believe in that.

There is a lot of other reasons that Putin decided he could invade a hostile country with 127,00 troops while he needed 900,000, but that is a topic for other forums
I call BS - IMHO NATO walked over the US for years, we kept spending on defense and they did not. Trump called a spade a spade, he tried to tighten things up - money plays a HUGE roll on defense, and Europe needs to kick in.

Putin in in no way shape and or form thought he would have the losses he has seen in the current “special operation”. My guess is he thought Nato’s weakness would make them sacred to help Ukraine, fearing a Russian wave across Europe. The Ukrainian people are strong, the Russian army, while well equipped does not have the talent to fight a motivated force with the Backing of a motivated and funded NATO.

Further - Putin’s use of Weapons of “Mass destruction” this go around vs. the Crimea invasion is eye opening. Even Putin knew the State of the US under Obama as well as Obama himself would not have dealt with it.

Further - Putin’s use of Weapons of “Mass destruction” this go around vs. the Crimea invasion is eye opening. Even Putin knew the State of the US under Obama as well as Obama himself would not have dealt with it.
Ukraine did not do anything to prevent loss of Crimea, what could NATO and US have done?

When Russia originally rolled into Crimea that is when the world should have stopped and said “no”. But they did not. Here we are now.
Considering the importance of Crimea to the Black Sea fleet, what other option did they really have to take Crimea back after the Western backed coup?

It's not like they had a full out war to take it back, wasn't it 500 or so troops?

It's not all black and white. Crimea was Russian since Catherine the great and was only Ukrainian for a bit due to internal Soviet politics in the 50s. It's ethically very Russian due to the decades of non-Russian purges.

Who in NATO in the mid 90s was going to attack Russia? We won't do it now even as we're in a proxy war, why would we then?

Considering the importance of Crimea to the Black Sea fleet, what other option did they really have to take Crimea back after the Western backed coup?

It's not like they had a full out war to take it back, wasn't it 500 or so troops?

It's not all black and white. Crimea was Russian since Catherine the great and was only Ukrainian for a bit due to internal Soviet politics in the 50s. It's ethically very Russian due to the decades of non-Russian purges.

Who in NATO in the mid 90s was going to attack Russia? We won't do it now even as we're in a proxy war, why would we then?
With this logic, should I be prepared to defend my land against the British or the Tribe that had it prior to settlers hitting the CONUS?

In the mid-90’s no one from NATO was going to attack Russia. The Soviet Union fell, NaTO was securing and monitoring their nuclear weapons. Beyond fighting the Germans in WW2, it was one of the most transparent times the West has had with Russia.

Yeah, but how much better would it be doing if asylum seekers from South America hadn't annexed Crimea in 2014? I think that's really what we're talking about here.
Just remember that in 2003 to 2008 Russia did the same thing in Georgia and who was President then. Russia don't care if it is a Republican or Democrat they just hate
democracies. They will always try to disrupt our elections.

You’re Putin me on. C'mon, really? Somebody take this Jacaranda out. Most of the planet would benefit. Not the former Eastern Bloc, too bad.

The market feels very overbought to me here. I can see some turning, but these big volatile moves in my opinion signify a big move higher or a big move flower. I am guessing a shorter term move back to 4800 through 4830 on SPX and maybe some new all-time highs into April before a bigger sell off. Just my thoughts technically speaking 4800 area is the previous upper trend line but we have broken through that and now it connect support so we may never break below it again. Once again, just some random thoughts.

The market feels very overbought to me here. I can see some turning, but these big volatile moves in my opinion signify a big move higher or a big move flower. I am guessing a shorter term move back to 4800 through 4830 on SPX and maybe some new all-time highs into April before a bigger sell off. Just my thoughts technically speaking 4800 area is the previous upper trend line but we have broken through that and now it connect support so we may never break below it again. Once again, just some random thoughts.
Definitely due for a correction. Not for the person who has a 401k or invest in mutual funds. It is the people who buy and sell individual stocks.
Also like we were saying the housing foreclosure rate is up in Q3.

Definitely due for a correction. Not for the person who has a 401k or invest in mutual funds. It is the people who buy and sell individual stocks.
Also like we were saying the housing foreclosure rate is up in Q3.
I think the stick in the spokes is that the new additions to the BRIC country index can wreck the dollar keeping markets rising parabolicly.

I think the stick in the spokes is that the new additions to the BRIC country index can wreck the dollar keeping markets rising parabolicly.
Had to look that up beyond my pay grade I would admit. I should just stick to plumbing, gas and mechanical codes which I have more knowledge in.
Always happen to learn something new thanks.

Back
Top Bottom