Big C Ride #2

Fuck Cancer Always!

Great to be down to Caribbean Jersey and represent North of the Wall along such great and much worthier individuals!

Always great to enjoy @InstaMitch shenanigans.

Jumping bikes over the fire? Hot, literally!

@Frank thank you for sharing your positive attitude, I’m sure both the first ride and this second one made a difference in perspective for a lot of those unfortunately touched by this fucking plague! It sure did it for me.

I love great days like this. Great ride with great people, fun hang around the campfire afterwards. Plus bonus stupid human tricks!
Glad my truck doubled as a podium for @Frank’s pre ride speech!
IMG_5568.jpeg
IMG_5569.jpeg
IMG_5572.jpeg
IMG_5576.jpeg
IMG_5578.jpeg
IMG_5586.png
IMG_5587.png

IMG_4658.jpeg
IMG_4660.jpeg

Great to see everyone and some how I missed a few people I wanted to talk too. The biggest take away I have from my wife's cancer journey is to celebrate living. My son was 2 when she was diagnosed and we are now approaching 15 years later. Celebrating living with Frank and you's was great yesterday.

Well it’s the day after and I’ve come off my emotional high! The fact that so many people ,73-75 I really need to count on the video, came together and said in one voice Fuck cancer.

I really didn’t do much and have so many to thank:
Gary D, @Brian Snyder and Erik J for the cool stickers and the new Cranks for Cancer logo.

@Mitch and @pooriggy for keeping the group together during the ride.

@cdrmtbiker for watching over Nurse Kris who attended this ride too.

@Johnny Utah for bringing wood for the fire.

Jim Roberts who brought his camper and made some grub, brought wood, and took some pictures and video. He also guarded my Farley overnight for me.

Edit: Thanks to Dennis Dee of the YDKSAMTB group for assisting with the ride, bringing so of his fellow awesome people, and being a great advocate for the mtb community.

The ride was a bit shorter than I had planned because I totally spaced a turn and forgot Serpentine, but I forgot all about that when we hit Mick’s trail and I saw the seemingly endless line of riders flowing through the trail…..so cool it made me giggle. I’m probably missing some key people and I hope they will forgive me.

My wish was that people would talk about their experiences with Cancer, and there was some of that but we are mountain bikers so we will always migrate to bikes and components, so that’s cool too. There were pockets of folk I observed when we were finished with the ride, but they weren’t always the same folk, so there was some mingling.
I’m extremely pleased with the way things went yesterday!!! We had a nice ride with people from all over the state, a great spot to hang afterward, and even the cars waited for us all to cross Hospital Rd. Too cool.

Thanks to all that attended!

Last edited:
Sadly, I didn’t take any. I know Jim took some videos and sent them to me, but they won’t upload…..I’ll have to work on that. They are also on the Cranks for Cancer FB group.

Back
Top Bottom