Best goggles over prescription glasses?

My oakley goggles have allowances specifically for glasses but I tend to wear contacts when riding. If I remeber I'll try them on woth glasses

My glasses are small enough to fit under my goggles - I have cheaper Oakley and Fox goggles that work. I've thought about prescription goggles but 1) my prescription has been changing yearly and I don't want to spend the extra money and 2) I wear progressive lenses and afraid they'll get it wrong on the goggles.

I've been wearing Scott OTG goggles for ages. I will usually replace the lenses with clear dual pane lenses to help with fogging. I wear the winter versions when skiing.

I so wish I could wear contacts...

That said... If I'm riding with my friends and we stop a lot to look at stuff and rarely do high speed sections, I'll skip goggles entirely.

I heard you can shave a bit of foam on any goggle to accommodate glasses. I just purchased some cheap glasses from Zenni (thanks @THATmanMANNY) to test out this theory. Hopefully it works and I’m not wasting $80 bucks.

Have you considered forgoing googles and just wearing sport glasses like rec-specs?
The problem I have with sport style rx glasses is they don't play well with full face helmets. I gave up trying to get goggles that were comfortable over my rx glasses. Just rock some cheap glasses and use rain x if any chance of moisture

Yes, true. I'm simply looking for input from those with real world experience on this particular matter.
I've been using Scott OTG goggle for over 10 years, motocrossing and mtb. I don't cut any rim foam but to compensate for humidity I take some of the dust protection foam out for more airflow past the eyes. Hope this helps.

Gonna try some of those scott otg goggles. Nothing like hitting crap chute wide open and having your eyes start watering just before the takeoff 🤣🤣

Have you considered forgoing googles and just wearing sport glasses like rec-specs?
The problem I have with sport style rx glasses is they don't play well with full face helmets. I gave up trying to get goggles that were comfortable over my rx glasses. Just rock some cheap glasses and use rain x if any chance of moisture
What Ryan said. None of my fancy SportRX glasses fit well in my helmet. I used my cheapo driving glasses under my snowboard goggles this winter and it was great (minus the fogging). I have to find a summer combo that works.

I've been using Scott OTG goggle for over 10 years, motocrossing and mtb. I don't cut any rim foam but to compensate for humidity I take some of the dust protection foam out for more airflow past the eyes. Hope this helps.
Can I ask, what size helmet do you wear?

Can I ask, what size helmet do you wear?
Bell Super 2 MIPS, in medium.
20220326_140122_01.jpg

20220326_140409.jpg

20220326_140417.jpg

Attachments

• 20220326_140251.jpg
    20220326_140251.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 74
Either you are losing it or I am. I don’t recall recommending Zenni and I’ve never ordered from there, I think? Haha. How many Asian Mannys do you know? Hope to ride soon!

Either you are losing it or I am. I don’t recall recommending Zenni and I’ve never ordered from there, I think? Haha. How many Asian Mannys do you know? Hope to ride soon!
LOL. Okay it was someone else then. 😁

P.S. I only know one Asian Manny. And he's awesome.

Tracking but I don't need the best.... just adequate will be fine. What's best for one may not be best for others and I think that's true for just about anything which is why there are so many choices.

Back
Top Bottom