Banana Peels?

Arwen's Mom

Mother of Dragons, Breaker of Chains
Was doing some reading on the health benefits of eating banana peels.
Seems they are packed full of something good for you.

So, do any of you indulge?
Eat raw? cooked?

Oh please do tell.

If you have a good recipe, please share (vegetarian recipes preferred but I do know how to make substitutions)

Rubbing the inside of a banana peel on a fresh mosquito bite stops the itch right away and gets rid of it real quick. Better than any store bought medicine.

Even if they are healthy, why eat the skin and not some other fruits and vegetables in addition? If anything, I'd boil it down or something since the peel is soft and probably absorbs a ton of pesticides and crap. Then add it to a smoothie since it's probably super bitter.

As per classic @pearl
lolbanana.jpg

I think at some point I draw the line with including healthy foods into my daily routine just for the sake of it being healthy and tolerating the lack of flavor and good taste.

I don't think I want to try eating a banana peel. I would consider putting it in a Nutribullet smoothie.

This doesn't surprise me, it kinda goes along with eating the skin of a baked potato or eating the entire fruit / veggie.

I need a podcast on how these rumors start and spread across the world. I've heard many people say this too.

Just reread the carbon freeze thread. This is EXACTLY how it starts.

High school is a time when people don't totally get sarcasm. So you have some group of people who get it and use it 100% of the time. Other kids don't totally get it. When I was in HS I remember hearing about the US Olympic team being somewhere, and one of the track & field runners took a taxi and refused to pay. He tried to run away and was run down by the taxi driver.

It wasn't until much later that I realized that it was the radio station making fun of how shitty the US runners were. I'm sure I told that story to any number of people and some of them probably told other people.

The whole backwards banana peeling is one of those solutions to a problem that doesn't exist.

Just reread the carbon freeze thread. This is EXACTLY how it starts.

High school is a time when people don't totally get sarcasm. So you have some group of people who get it and use it 100% of the time. Other kids don't totally get it. When I was in HS I remember hearing about the US Olympic team being somewhere, and one of the track & field runners took a taxi and refused to pay. He tried to run away and was run down by the taxi driver.

It wasn't until much later that I realized that it was the radio station making fun of how shitty the US runners were. I'm sure I told that story to any number of people and some of them probably told other people.

The whole backwards banana peeling is one of those solutions to a problem that doesn't exist.

I was reading up on an old story recently that has been all over the country. wonder if I can find it online.
NOPE F U GOOGLE
There's some old story about a kid who was riding his dirtbike near his house, through the woods and stuff and it's only a short jaunt on public streets to get back to his house, and you know, it was getting late. He's on the street for a minute and see's a cop. AND IT'S COMPLETELY OUT OF CHARACTER but he ran from the cops on the dirt bike, cops give full persuit, even on foot at some point. Kid gets home and finds out that a bank/gas station/store/whatever was just robbed at gunpoint and the perp fled on a dirtbike.
HE COULD HAVE BEEN SHOT BY THE COPS.
I think Mike Rowe recently told this story as his own, but it's all over the country as some father's tale.
And Richard Gere putting a gerbil in his butt.

Last edited:
I was reading up on an old story recently that has been all over the country. wonder if I can find it online.
NOPE F U GOOGLE
There's some old story about a kid who was riding his dirtbike near his house, through the woods and stuff and it's only a short jaunt on public streets to get back to his house, and you know, it was getting late. He's on the street for a minute and see's a cop. AND IT'S COMPLETELY OUT OF CHARACTER but he ran from the cops on the dirt bike, cops give full persuit, even on foot at some point. Kid gets home and finds out that
OMG, finds out what! WHAT!

Back
Top Bottom