Avid Juicy 3 hydraulic brakes.

I have the Magura Louise BAT 160mm front and rear and they make me smile every time i stop. The modulation, power, and quality is unmatched for an all around brake. Moving foward I will have nothing else on my bikes...

Note, my friend has the shimano xt's and these would be my second choice...i would definitely take these over avid or hayes for the price range...

just my thoughts...

What he said

Anybody have experience with the hayes 9's? These are the brakes that came with my 07' xam1 and I've had no problems with them yet, (knock on wood), and I've had many rides with them in the month and a half I've had them, including several trips to places like ringwood, ramapo, and diablo. I have 160mmR and 180mmF roters; just wondering if anyone on here has had them before and encountered any problems with them, so I know what to look out for.

Anybody have experience with the hayes 9's? These are the brakes that came with my 07' xam1 and I've had no problems with them yet, (knock on wood), and I've had many rides with them in the month and a half I've had them, including several trips to places like ringwood, ramapo, and diablo. I have 160mmR and 180mmF roters; just wondering if anyone on here has had them before and encountered any problems with them, so I know what to look out for.

This thread is not the place to ask your question...
I would start a new thread if you wanted some relevant responses. BTW I know nothing about your brakes...

This thread is not the place to ask your question...
I would start a new thread if you wanted some relevant responses. BTW I know nothing about your brakes...

threadpolice.gif

i had the juicy 7s, and now have juicy 3s (i didn't downgrade, it was a bike change)... i liked the 7s. never had a problem. set them once and left them that way. the 3's i have had to center a few times, but that's pretty normal for brakes to rub here and there.

anyway, i don't really notice any issues with my brakes. my bike stops and slows down when i need it to, and can push it when i feel like it going down... what's the difference in the feel?

is it just that i'm not picky enough, or is it like riding a carbon road bike frame after sitting on an aluminum for years - like i just dont know what i'm missing?

So been doing research and the reviews are good for both, talked to a few riders as well. I am liking the Hope set up. Got to ride a bike the other day with the brakes and there nice, looking to check out the Marta as well, then I will make my final choice...

Thank you for all you input..
:topic:

Well I am going with the Hope Brake system.....
Getting installed this week......:D

Hey Ron, I run (or to say ran) Juicy 3 custom on my bike with a 203mm FR and a 185mm RR Rotor setup and honestly, its not the braking system's fault, I believe it has to do with he pad compound. Try running an organic pad rather than a metallic or ceramic compound. The organic pad material has a little bit more bite to it than the rest and is well suited for xc slow to medium speed courses. For high speed, hard braking course, I would stick with the metallic or even ceramic (for race type) for better grip.

Also, check to see if your rotor is glazed. Sometimes when you 'ride' your brakes, the pad to rotor contact becomes somewhat ineffective with the surface of the rotor being glazed by the heat generation.

Just a follow up on the brakes.
Breaking time, I would think is done.
Brake are really nice, very easy on the hands. I do not have to pull the leavers very hard to slow down or come to a hard stop. No noise no more hand hurting.

Very happy with the adjustment, you can do this on the fly. Really happy with the hope system. Is there anything I should know about service on the brake system?

Back
Top Bottom