Ass Pain;Graphic and Embarrassing

John Baumann

For the first time ever yesterday, I've experienced something I've only heard and read about.
At about three + hours into yesterday's ride at Wayway, my butt cheeks began to feel like they had been belt sanded.:cry: Unlike what I've heard, the pain wasn't my 'taint, crack, or sphincter.
I guess it may have been simple chaffing but I am trying to isolate the cause and a solution before Bearscat 50.
Same bike and saddle I did 6 Hours of Cathedral Pines and same Pearl shorts I've ridden a century in last August.
The only difference is I dropped some weight. Could it be the chamois is looser and rubbing in a way that irritates me?
I've heard about chamois butter stuff, but not really sure how it works or if it would help in this case. You might say that I am ass cream ignorant.
Any insight and experience would be greatly appreciated.

Bike clothing is supposed to fit tight so that it isn't able to move on your skin. If you have lost that much weight, it may be time to update the wardrobe.

Butt Butt'r or similar product will also help. "A little dab will do ya".

I had a similar problem (not exactly the same) with a pair of tights. Btw, like you, I never ever had any problems with chafing/pain before those tights. I used some chamois butt'r the next time I used those tights and no more issues.

But here is the strange thing. So every time I wore those tights, I would use butt'r because I was afraid of chafing happening again. But then at some point I got confident enough (or lazy enough) not to use butt'r .. No issues. So I guess my butt/taint got hardened/used the feel of the chamois.

I have found that using aquafor as a preventative has been working great. Back up tho having good fitting and good quality stuff is the best preventative. We got our new kits and the bib created some chafing as it fits differently than what I guess my body was used to but I used some bag balm and in a few days it was all cleared up. This was the first time I used that stuff and it is pretty amazing. Good luck with that

I couldn't quite get a proper angle for a self portrait, butt(ha-ha!) my fiance said it looked pretty raw.

I'll try the butter first, then maybe a new pair of shorts. Thanks!

Dude use the damn bag balm stuff to make the rawness go away. The other creams are more of a preventative. Sorry I am cranky.

I was laughing at this thread last week ...until I got a nasty case of fire butt myself just yesterday. :eek:

I suspect my tushy got raw from being in wet shorts for too long after a big ride. It's been a long time since I've gotten anything like this. Luckily, I now have a two year old at home and plenty of Triple Paste diaper rash cream.:D

Stuff works like a charm!:)

Triple Paste diaper rash cream.:D

Stuff works like a charm!:)
Don't know what's in diaper cream but never seen anything like it. It will be on your hands after 4 washes. Works on nasty stuff and cheaper too.

Turns out it was mostly the shorts.

I don' t know nuttin' about no diaper rash cream, but I started with the Assos Chamois stuff on the same 4 year old XL Pearl Izumi shorts that have been worn and laundered hundreds of times. Not as bad, but still chaffed.

Then tried the cream on a newer pair(<1yr) of L Pearl Elite Bibbs.... much better, but still a hint of friction wherever I missed lubricating.

This Saturday, brand new Med Pearl Pro Bibbs that fit very snugly(and look really sexy...LOL), plenty o' grease, and viola`- 77 miles on the road bike with no issues.

Apply like such.

picture.php

Turns out it was mostly the shorts.

I don' t know nuttin' about no diaper rash cream, but I started with the Assos Chamois stuff on the same 4 year old XL Pearl Izumi shorts that have been worn and laundered hundreds of times. Not as bad, but still chaffed.

Then tried the cream on a newer pair(<1yr) of L Pearl Elite Bibbs.... much better, but still a hint of friction wherever I missed lubricating.

This Saturday, brand new Med Pearl Pro Bibbs that fit very snugly(and look really sexy...LOL), plenty o' grease, and viola`- 77 miles on the road bike with no issues.

Resurrecting an old thread. I put in a 7 hour long ride today hitting some parts of the Hillier Than Thou route and ended up with bunch of sores on inner upper thighs just where they meet the privates along with the bag. I was wearing an older pair of padded shorts along with Butt Butt'r. Butt is fine but those other areas are very irritated, feeling raw. No visible blood though. After shower, applied some tea tree oil to prevent any infection but it burned like hell for a long time. Now I have some Neosporin and it feels better. I am getting a new pair of padded shorts to prevent this from happening in future but wondering what can be done to heal quickly.

Don’t use any chamois butter(lube). Pearl Izumi shorts are fine until they aren’t. They are good until one day they are just loose and it looks like you have a saggy ass. Keep a tight fit on a saddle that works and that’s all you should need. Keep aaddles consistent from bike to bike. I made the mistake of using monkey butt or some crap for the longest day and it SUCKED! If you do get in a bind and need repair just use diaper rash cream at night and sleep commando. @Riggedfmx may have input on this as well.

Back
Top Bottom