Any scotch/whisky drinkers in here?

What about Woodford Reserve?
(Sorry if I've mentioned this, ain't got time to go through the posts)
Damn fine bang for your buck there.

was considering that, im not sure what id wanna try next from this place nothings jumping out at me:

image.jpeg image.jpeg

might be time to scope out a new spot

Michters!
Elijiah Craig is decent, and you know how I feel about Woodford's.
Have you tried the Buffalo Trace?

havent had any of those, buffalo and blade & bow caught my eye but thats really just marketing

i like smoky/burny with vanilla/brown sugary/woody notes, any of those fit the bill?

havent had any of those, buffalo and blade & bow caught my eye but thats really just marketing

i like smoky/burny with vanilla/brown sugary/woody notes, any of those fit the bill?
Michters for the vanilla for sure, Woodford is an all around balanced contender.
Smoky/burny I'd point you to Lagavulin or Laphraoig, but that's a different beast.

Buffalo I haven't tried, but it's on my to do list.

this is killin me, house has been whiskey free since christmasish i think.

slime it off others when out.

I like Buffalo Trace.

Looping back a bit, on the Blantons topic, I went back the the store near me and they had it today, but the price is a bit more then I am willing to spend at the moment.

The guy at the shop did say that the 4 roses single barrel (pictured above) was far better then the 4 roses small batch (that I didn't care for).
Also I can't tell if it's that picture, but I had Elijah Graig 18 and I loved it.

i didnt love the small batch either, too sweet. and coming from someone that loves cookies as much as i do thats saying somethin

blantons was 60 when i got it, the most expensive bourbon ive ever gotten but i bought a bottle of blue label for my (ex) friends 21st so its not the worst thing ive ever done

woodford or 4 roses single barrel comin up tomorrow if i dont go searchin for beer, i havent had any real good beer in a while

Had this after dinner at the Pluckemin Inn. Very nice. Smooth, with many subtle flavors. Had it neat, and about half way through added a few drops of water. The h2o didn't change it much.

highland-park-18-year-old-orkney-island-single-malt-scotch__08006.1325887232.1280.1280.jpg

(had a Head High by Kane before dinner!! - on tap - yum)

Yeah the Blantons was $60 here as well.
I'd like to know what you think of the 4 Roses single barrel.

Hmm that Highlands Park looks nice.

Had this after dinner at the Pluckemin Inn. Very nice. Smooth, with many subtle flavors. Had it neat, and about half way through added a few drops of water. The h2o didn't change it much.

highland-park-18-year-old-orkney-island-single-malt-scotch__08006.1325887232.1280.1280.jpg

(had a Head High by Kane before dinner!! - on tap - yum)
musta been a nice bill afterwards, that's my go to place when a vendor wants to take me out to lunch

Wow, didn't know this thread was still going. House is dry right now except for some red wine and this bottle of Pisco Mistral. No clue what it is, but I'm hopped up on it right now while watching Deadpool. I need to hit the store and get back on the Laphraoig train.

i dont always drink whisky but when i do i only by fireball in a glass bottle

sorry ill leave now

Back
Top Bottom