Allaire tree clearing outing

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
hey everyone,
I was planning to meet in the main lot at 8:00 am Sunday morning the 21st. to clear the blow downs from the snows that we have had.
after checking the lot tonight I think we are looking at next Sunday 2/28 8:00 in the main lot.
this will be a walk in depending on the trail conditions if all is dry or frozen then we can ride in if not we will walk in.
I hope we can get most of the blow downs cleared so this spring when the trail maintenance starts we can concentrate on reroutes and trail rebuilding.
If you have a bow saw bring it with you I have 2 plus some nippers which I will bring.
Thanks Mike C...

Sadly, I have previous plans for that day or I would be all over this.

Mike, I will contact you some time next week to hand off tools and maybe a toy or two. I will also place a call to the park and let them know that you will be doing this so you don't get an unfriendly greeting fom the park police.

Awww...this is nice of all of you to do. I already have plans on the 28th too. I hope to see you out there soon though :)

I am pretty sure I will be able to make it out for this. I will know better as the day approaches.

Yeah ill be in AC that weekend. Its the Gf and I's one year together. If anyone wants to go through there during the week just to move trees that dont need sawing im down. I got the muscles. LOL Just pm me.

next weekend is no good for me but I am sure this is going to take more than one outing to clean up the blow downs on the trails...I am hoping I can make the next clean-up.

next weekend is no good for me but I am sure this is going to take more than one outing to clean up the blow downs on the trails...I am hoping I can make the next clean-up.

depending on the shape of the trails and the number of trees I am thinking at least 2 sessions.
hopefully the weather gods will smile on us for the first session.

Yeah ill be in AC that weekend. Its the Gf and I's one year together. If anyone wants to go through there during the week just to move trees that dont need sawing im down. I got the muscles. LOL Just pm me.

congrats. have a good time hope to see you at the next one..

Yesterdays temp of 41 really sped along the melting process. Supposed to be 40 today, 41 sat and maybe up to 45 sunday. Even almost 40 monday! I think the trails will get a large melting of snow.

I just looked at the weather calling for rain monday and tuesday. If its mostly rain next weekend should work out perfect! Have fun guys ill definatly make round 2 if there is one. Hopefully the trails will be rideable i need to try out my new FS rig. LOL

on my ride today I ran into a hunter on his way out. Started BS'n with him and from what he told me this is going to be a pretty big job the lot is still pretty much 4X4 only yet but this week we should get some thawing temps to help out.
stay tuned...

Walked it yesterday and cleared some trails with a buddy, helped a car get unstuck from the lot. Some Big Arse trees down, especially the Road going past the Air park up to the Sand Pit. Wish I could make it next Sunday, will be Ice fishing in PA.

Walked it yesterday and cleared some trails with a buddy, helped a car get unstuck from the lot. Some Big Arse trees down, especially the Road going past the Air park up to the Sand Pit. Wish I could make it next Sunday, will be Ice fishing in PA.

no worries we will most likely have another session..

i might be down for this depending on what the wife is working, i dont have a handsaw, i usually use my awesome battery powered sawzall . . is that ok?!

You might need to bring the scuba gear this weekend. :D

Hopefully the flood will wash away the downed trees on the river trail.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions