A little off topic

Mark S

I had an incident riding Estell Manor Friday morning. While riding, a friend clipped a tree and went down. He a new inexperienced rider and a senior citizen. I hopped off my bike and went to check if he was alright. He was basically fine but while he was regrouping, another rider blew past us. I held up both hands to alert him that we had a problem but he flew past us and bitched that we shouldn’t be blocking the trails. And kept enlightened us that we were idiots as he rode off.
Just wanted some other thoughts and I hope he’s on MTBNJ so maybe he can learn some trail etiquette from experienced riders.

I had an incident riding Estell Manor Friday morning. While riding, a friend clipped a tree and went down. He a new inexperienced rider and a senior citizen. I hopped off my bike and went to check if he was alright. He was basically fine but while he was regrouping, another rider blew past us. I held up both hands to alert him that we had a problem but he flew past us and bitched that we shouldn’t be blocking the trails. And kept enlightened us that we were idiots as he rode off.
Just wanted some other thoughts and I hope he’s on MTBNJ so maybe he can learn some trail etiquette from experienced riders.
Sorry this happened to you and hope your friend is ok and it doesn't deter him from riding in the future. Gonna go out on a limb here and say there is little chance of this a-hole being on these forums. (I always take a pic of the lot b4 I ride just in case an accident occurs)

Wow. I rode there yesterday evening. Not a soul on the trails. I do see a guy every once in awhile there that rides with a helmet unclipped with the straps dangling and looks like he is there for lap times and lets just leave it at that. I have always seen him coming at me in a counter clockwise direction. Hope it's no one on here. That is a shame and I am sorry that you had that happen. I ride from my house to the trailhead but that is a great idea to take a picture of the parking lot b4 your ride. Never thought of that!!!! Stay safe and have a good rest of the holiday weekend y'all.

Oh, no I took it as he meant an accident in the parking lot. I have recently had my vehicle damaged while parked. Neat

Mind sharing what this picture would accomplish if you had a crash? (Assuming you mean on the trails and not someone hitting your parked car)
For identification purposes in the event someone were to hit me. In this instance, karma. Estelle manor typically has maybe 3 vehicles there at a time...

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions